Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2018, 01:35 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default sewer hose storage on 96 PleasurerWay

I am finally starting to use my recently acquired 96 PleasureWay and now am addressing the issue of storing a sewer hose. The stock location was a small tube about a foot long at the right rear of the van. This held about 4 feet of hose. The previous owner stored his hose in a wooden box inside the van. This was not gonna work for me. I had bought a 15 foot Rhino hose and needed to store /modify it. After removing the stock pioece, I started by removing the PVC tubing from the housing, in order to still use the stock mounting plate and cover. I used a dremel with a cutting blade to cut the outside fitting that slipped over the stock mount and pried it off the mount. It separated pretty easy and left a usable mount to start with. I then fastened a 4 inch diameter 90 degree elbow to the stock mount(angled downward)--followed by 7.5 inches of straight pipe--connected to another 90 degree bend with approximately 20 inches of capped pipe extending sideways toward my generator. I used plumbing strap to mount to the frame at the 2nd elbow for additional support. I cut off 30 inches of my 15 foot hose and it fits very nicely in this tube ( some twisting while inserting to get it around bends). I store the dump station fitting in the other side with my water hose. I had to trip the "grips" on the fitting for the RV end to allow it to slide into the stock fitting and allow the door to close. It works fine, the piping doesn't extend lower than the bottom of the gas tank (so is not limiting clearance) and no storing a sewer hose inside the van.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180614_181000699_HDR.jpg (133.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180614_184010732_HDR.jpg (156.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180614_184019266_HDR.jpg (112.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180614_185355945_HDR.jpg (191.5 KB, 30 views)
scootertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:52 PM   #2

Default Thanks for Posting!

Thanks for the information ScooterTramp. I have the same rig and I have no idea what P-W was thinking when they made such a short sewer hose storage. The previous owner of my rig kept the hose in the side storage compartment but I want to use that compartment. I was going to bracket a hose compartment somewhere under the bumper. I like your idea better. Gonna try that.
oclisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
Platinum Member

We were also plagued by the ridiculously short dump hose carrier phenomenon - why do manufacturers do this??

Instead of building one from scratch, we modified the existing Valterra contraption by lengthening it. Blog post with instructions here, and here's a pic showing the extension. That portion partly to the right of the metal plate is what we added - you can see the seam near the left edge of this photo. That's where the old tube stopped. It's PVC but we painted it black.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 09:07 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Thumbs up sewer hose storage, 2005 PW Lexor TD missing

Your design will help in our attempt to replace a missing sewer hose stow on our, new to us, 2005 PW Lexor TD ; oh well , another diy album for the never ending projects
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210623_205248_resized.jpg (125.9 KB, 5 views)
Santee2005PWTD is offline   Reply With Quote