Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #1

Default travato 59k shower floor

The plastic shower floor in my travato 59k is is unsupported and flexes quite a lot. My concern is that over time it will crack. I was planning to inject some foam to fill the void. Any thoughts? thanks
emare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emare View Post
The plastic shower floor in my travato 59k is is unsupported and flexes quite a lot. My concern is that over time it will crack. I was planning to inject some foam to fill the void. Any thoughts? thanks
The standard build has foam injected under the shower. If you don't have any, then have your dealer spray some in there. You can get to that space by removing the rear panel by the toilet. WGO uses a gray type of foam that has limited expansion - but it does expand somewhat. I'd probably not attempt this myself and let the dealer do it since the damages could get expensive if you screw it up.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #3

I do have concerns about the foam overfilling the space! Travelling to my dealer is very inconvenient. 3 or 4 days round trip. I thought if I lay down beads of foam, well spaced, so there was room I might be lucky. It is dependent on temperature I would guess. There is lots of the grey foam under the toilet around the drain pipe. A piece of plywood separates that area from under the shower but easy to drill a hole for the foam tube. Will give it some more thought
Old 10-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Most spray foams create some heat (exothermic). Trapped heat is bad obviously as it could affect your shower floor. Also if you inject too much at a specific point your shower floor could be "lumpy". It would be best to either get the dealer to do this, or remove the shower, spray and cut/shave to foam to match the shower floor.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:13 AM   #5

Closer inspection shows the access from the removable panel under the the toilet didn't pan out. By prying up the shower pan where it meets the back door I was able to see under the shower. To my surprise it is filled with the grey foam that Wincrasher mentioned. The problem seems to be that it has not adhered to the pan and has compressed leaving enough space for the movement and the squeaking. Since there is little travel in the pan's flexing I don't think cracking is an issue. I can live with a squeak. Thanks for thoughts on my problem. Great Forum!

Tags
travato 59k shower floor