Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default TV mount 2000 PW

My new to me 2000 PW has a cabinet with a TV..the old style full TV.
I want to mount a flat screen on the front of the cabinet which is on a hinge so I can swing the door and have the cabinet for storage..thinking a great place for liquor cabinet!

Has anyone mounted a TV like this?

Looking for ideas on mounts, and trying to decide if the TV will have to be taken down every time I move??

Joe
Jamelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Most flat screen TV's have 4 mounting screw holes on the back and is used on the movable arm mountings. Make a pattern of the screw holes and mount the TV to the cabinet door. Just make sure that the TV on the door can be opened/moved without hitting anything. In the Rialtas, they had the old antilog TV and did not work with the digital signal. Most owners removed and made a door for the opening or mounted a small 12v TV in its place. Be careful, the old TV is very heavy.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Or replace your TV with a projector. I have LG LED projector mounted on the ceiling with the 35” pulldown screen. Both projector and screen are out of the way not used. With front seat swiveled our van turns int a mini theater.

See the pictures during my installation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZGR10526.JPG (268.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg ZGR10523.JPG (223.9 KB, 17 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
Silver Member

I've converted 2 PWs. The last one I bought a wood shelf from a diy store. 12" x ?. I screwed it to the inside of swinging door which had a large hole for the old TV. Then I mounted a swing arm to that and mounted the TV to the swing arm. I use a couple of skinny bungee cords without metal ends to keep TV from swinging while driving. Then I put my laptop in the cabinet and use it to watch movies. I bought a Samsung LED 22" from Costco pretty cheap.
I also changed the inverter to a 1000 watt Pure Sine Wave to charge computer and camera batteries. The new inverter made a huge difference.
Asphalt Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:06 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamelia View Post
I want to mount a flat screen on the front of the cabinet which is on a hinge so I can swing the door and have the cabinet for storage..thinking a great place for liquor cabinet!

Looking for ideas on mounts, and trying to decide if the TV will have to be taken down every time I move??

Joe
I, too, took out old TV, but in Flatscreen TV..bought the above described swing-arm 4 hole bracket..attached to the door of cabinet that had old TV..installed a hook & eye to keep cabinet closed..works great, can have it swing out tilted several directions..connects fine to campground cable..
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamelia View Post

Joe
Today 10:33 AM
Jamelia, I have a 2001 Pleasure-way Lexor MP4 (which is also for sale) into which Van City RV mounted (in a very expert way) a flat screen televisions/DVD player combination at the location where the old glass tube television was mounted. Please contact me and let me know if you want details pertaining to how the television is mounted. I can send photos. Rick (AreCF)
AreCF is offline   Reply With Quote