Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2021, 04:44 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Webasto Pricing

Does anyone have any insight into the purpose or cause of Webasto pricing?
The 2000STC is $592 from Russia, near $1600 from a US dealer and similar from the UK. Now I don’t believe that the US and UK dealers are walking away with $1000. I suspect they are paying more than the Russian dealer.

Is the Russian model not built in Germany?

In a similar vein a replacement burner is $105 from the UK, $220 from the US dealer. Prices for parts needed for installation have similar price ranges depending on vendor.

Does anyone have an understanding of the range in prices?
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:54 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Competition in Russia with Planar heaters can dramatically force German made Eberspacher and Webasto prices down. Winnebago is using Timberline based on Planar heaters in their new B. High Eberspacher and Webasto prices have not much to do with manufacturing costs, they are very simple.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:26 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
High Eberspacher and Webasto prices have not much to do with manufacturing costs, they are very simple.
The Chinese copies are in the $200 range.

Mine is bought and installed buying parts from the UK, US, and Russia, as needed. All is well but a bit of a hassle. Was just wondering why it is the way it is. I suppose in time it will settle out.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:40 AM   #4
Platinum Member

The Russian model is built in Germany. I purchased from Russia and you get everything you need for an install at a significant discount however it was 60 days for shipping. You do get tracking info so you can see the progress. Russian Post took 30 days to Toronto and Canada Post took 30 days from Toronto to Vancouver however the Toronto postal depot was shut down for a period due to a covid breakout in my shipping time line. I was very satisfied with my experience.
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:54 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks@yvr View Post
The Russian model is built in Germany. I purchased from Russia and you get everything you need for an install at a significant discount however it was 60 days for shipping. You do get tracking info so you can see the progress. Russian Post took 30 days to Toronto and Canada Post took 30 days from Toronto to Vancouver however the Toronto postal depot was shut down for a period due to a covid breakout in my shipping time line. I was very satisfied with my experience.
I didnt know that, I though they are manufactured in Russia/Ukraine and one of their sales office is in Reutlingen in Germany.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote