Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 AM   #1

Default Where to put bunk bed????

So, we just got our GTRV T-top converted van home a few days ago, very excited. After playing in it for a little while it became painfully clear that the bunk we spent a good deal of money on takes up a third of the entire space the T-top made available to stand in. Is there any way to get this thing out of the way and still keep it in the van? I was thinking there might be some way to hoist it to the ceiling to get it out of the way. It seems crazy that there is no convenient place to put it. Please any ideas would be greatly appreciated i really really want to find a way to use it and still have the space we paid so much money to stand in.
Thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I not that familiar with the floorplans in GTRV's but I know that floor space in all Class B's is valuable

My RT had a bunk on either side in the rear. I think they were each 27" wide. It served as seating also. It could become a king sized bed for sleeping but we mostly used it as two "twin" beds. Water tank, water heater, furnace and electrical compartment were located under the bunks.

Do you have one bed or two? If one, is it full size?

Have you been to the GTRV Group on Yahoo?

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gtrvwesty

You probably have to join but there's lots of interesting stuff.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:06 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Dan's bed(s) fold up

His Do it Yourself Dodge Sprinter conversion photo album with detailed descriptions is here:

http://danbertko.smugmug.com/gallery/1055552
Old 08-21-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Is the interior of yours something like this?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 AM   #5

My mistake everyone, i thought i was posting in the GTRV forum LOL. Too many forums too many questions; how funny. Anyway our plan is to have a bed/sofa facing the side double doors with cabinetry on both walls with counter top space on the passenger side just behind the double doors. So this bunk bed completely blocks the back third of the standing space.