Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #1

Default WIFI Antenna

After a long trying road I think I got it using a ALFA card. The OMNI antenna is mounted to the top of my wineguard and I added a extra spring to help raise it up. No matter where the TV section is pointed or when it moves it does not affect the WIFI. The range is 10 X better. Regardless ofthe card you use this will cost you about $60.00 and a few hours tinkering. Maybe Wineguard will make a factory unit one day as WIFI gets more popular.

Looks like I’m not alone getting ripped off by Radiolabs the Quickie is no good either. I just went through a very expensive experience with Radiolabs and their so called RV/Marine WIFI antenna. I can’t speak about the quality of Radiolabs product, good or bad but, I can tell you that Radiolabs customer services is very, very poor and unprofessional. First off Radiolab will tell you anything to makes the sale and get your credit card info. When I talked to the sales I specifically ask if it worked in a Mac Book Pro running OS X 10.6.2 (Snows Leopard). I was told yes so I ordered it. It came and I tried several times and spent an hour on the telephone with Radiolabs tech support. Radiolab antennas come with a third party software mad by Realtech. In my case RT8781 which is a hodge podge of drivers for Microsoft & Apple. The tech told me to return the antenna to Radiolab and they would test it out. I did and it cost me about $25.00 to send it back to them. The tested it and said it was fine and returned the antenna to me and I still could not get it to work and spend another hour on the phone. I got lame excuses like they have not control or what Microsoft or Apple does blab la bla, I contacted the software people at Realtek and was told by Realtek they do not support Mac OS X 10.6.2 “period”. I also was told by Radiolab that they do not and have not tested their Wifi antenna on an actual Mac Book Pro running OS X 10.6.2 but, over the internet through some hi-tech remote. I even offer to meet the tech rep on a recent trip to California. I got so PO’d I sent it back for a refund at another $25.00 in shipping. I got a refund for the original purchase price of the antenna, lest the $10.61 shipping. So it cost me over $60.00 and a whole bunch of BS to be Radiolab’s test rat. I’m not giving up on getting my shipping back. One way or another. They have there attorney after me now and I’m sure that cost them more that $60.00. They just don’t get it. I have since bought a adapter card (amplifier) and antenna for RV/Marine use at half the cost of the Radiolab and it works just fine and the Customer Support is great. Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0398173583

BTW the working Wifi antenna was actually tested on a real Mac Book. Buyer Beware & You be the Judge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01034.JPG (153.1 KB, 1431 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01035.JPG (151.2 KB, 1431 views)
LV2FLY is offline   Reply With Quote