Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Panoramic RV now available in USA & Canada

The class b from Panoramicrv.com is available on a Dodge Promaster truck that are import from dodge USA, built in canada , to be sold in the USA true Panoramic Corporation in Plattsburgh NY. For the people that are searching for this unit they can contact Philippe directly to get information 514 776-9775
Look at what Jeff Dell have to say about PANORAMICRV:

This is a fantastic... or should I say VANtastic! This will take North America by storm as there is nothing like it in it's class to compete. Even the Hymer Activ 2.0 only has a mini fridge, no pull out pantry, no wine rack, smaller bathroom and no garage storage - making the Panoramic Van the most flexible RV on the market for people who want to use their camper as a work van during the week. Very sleek on the outside for stealth camping and looks like a regular city transport van. Hymer's future is uncertain and they don't have your five year warranty! You are going to sell a million of these. Love the European modern finishes unlike many RV companies in NA which are stuck in the 80's. This is just amazing motor coach and looks very high quality. A few suggestions; adding mutiplex wiring, lithium batteries and tablet control would help you compete with Pleasure Way but what you have is very good. Many families like mine have more than two kids which makes renting hotel rooms very expensive. You could expand your table system to be a support to turn the front one bed into a true two bed system using the front two swivel chairs. Then it would sleep and transport 4 adults. Finally, making the jump seat with head rest and sideways expandable into the galley on sliders would make it even more comfortable for two adults. But these are minor issues. If you could make a model with a pop up loft in the future (that would make it a 5 person sleeper - unprecedented) you would blow everything out of the water. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS CLASS B CAMPER VAN!! AND IT'S MADE RIGHT HERE IN CANADA!! CONGRATULATIONS! NOW HOW DO I GET ONE?? I'M READY TO SEND YOU A CHEQUE. - Jeff Dell - Toronto, Canada
jgmarcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #2

Default So excited!

I am SO excited that this has finally arrived in the US. I’ll be calling him today! Thanks so much for the information

JamsRN

JamsRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #3
Bud
Platinum Member

"The class b from Panoramicrv.com is available on a Dodge Promaster truck"

This may/will be a Class C?
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #4

No, it’s a class B.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:34 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Indeed, an exciting addition to the Class B ranks. It's built within the Promaster van.... Class B. https://panoramicrv.com/
Old 06-09-2020, 04:54 PM   #6

I just got off the phone with him. SUPER nice guy. My guess is he would not be thrilled to start getting a ton of calls on his personal phone so....I should have his email here shortly. I will ask him if he minds me posting if for anyone that is interested in purchasing.

Right now they are still selling direct; they don’t have dealerships quite locked in yet in the US but that should be coming soon. So, at this point, they are about a year out on delivery. They are ordering the 2021 chassis and that takes a while. They require 15% down and the remainder in full just before delivery....or pick up if you choose to go to Canada and get it...which I for sure will be doing because I want to tour the factory. They don’t finance, etc. since it’s factory direct. But, like I said, I don’t think it will be very long before they have some dealer relationships here in the US....probably within the next several months. Then you would be able to purchase through a dealer and finance, trade in...etc. if you need to.

This rig is going to take off; I can guarantee you. It’s everything so many people have been looking for in a class B. I’ve struggled finding one that meets my needs. We plan to eventually live part of the year in it and there are some key features I’ve been looking for. I don’t want to have to tear down a bed everyday so I need some type of front lounge. I need a good amount of storage. I plan to dry camp a lot so I need good tank storage, etc. I do not want the Mercedes chassis, I either want a Ford or Dodge. I want at least 4 seatbelts and a place to sleep a minimum of 3. And I don’t want a dinky little refrigerator. A window or skylight in the bathroom is a must. And the windows in the rig need to open....unlike the Regency Explore. I want an AC, unlike the Winnebago Solis.

I have very specific wants and this rig is the first one....since the Hymer....that has checked all the boxes for me. In addition, the quality is better than the Hymer so that’s a huge plus.

Check out Neil’s review:

https://youtu.be/6SXCMM1Y5K8
Old 06-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #7

Can you imagine if they make the pop up? OMG that would be the BOMB! I think this is a big step toward brining some of the cool stuff they do in Europe and Canada to the US. I’m so puzzled why the class Bs here in the US are so blah in comparison. Hopefully, this COVID-19 thing has inspired more people to RV travel and the peak in interest will help drive up the demand and bring some of those ideas over. I watch videos all the time of their rigs and I’m SO jealous!
Old 06-09-2020, 07:02 PM   #8
Platinum Member

"Electrical autonomy system with single 12V AGM battery"

This is a feature?? I do like the views, though. Much better than most.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Looks nice, but basically the Hymer Aktiv with a 3 system fridge. That almost immediately would make me scratch it of my list. Bigger, but I never want another one of those.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:35 PM   #10

Hi everyone, newbie here looking to make my first purchase. My wife is enamored of the Panoramic but I am really concerned about the lack of dealer network in the US, for service, of course. Isn't this a major issue for those thinking of buying direct? Thanks!
Dan Steger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:41 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Steger View Post
Hi everyone, newbie here looking to make my first purchase. My wife is enamored of the Panoramic but I am really concerned about the lack of dealer network in the US, for service, of course. Isn't this a major issue for those thinking of buying direct? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum Dan!

A valid concern. I'd suggest you contact Panoramic and ask how they will authorize warranty work at locations in the U.S.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
...I am really concerned about the lack of dealer network in the US, for service, of course. Isn't this a major issue for those thinking of buying direct? Thanks!
I wouldn't consider it a major issue. My first 2 rigs both had a rather limited dealer network, although I lived near the Canadian border and both GWV and LTV were pretty close to me. So, I always had the option of driving to the factories.

With my very few issues, all I had to do was give them a call and they would approve my using a mobile tech or local RV shop for any work needed and promptly reimburse me once I sent them a copy of the invoice. My first two issues with my GWV happened on the weekend (of course), but I called the factory to leave a message. Turned out that the owner was there working and walked me through the fixes.

I would assume that Panoramic would have a similar system, but you would have to trust them on it. For instance, I dealt with GWV when it was its original owner and they were a very dependable company. When the owner retired and sold out, the new purchaser tanked the company and many people lost deposits and warranty refunds. I dealt with the best case scenario, but things can go south...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #13

Thanks, @mumkin! Those are helpful observations. I suppose this arrangement is predicated on the idea that most or all repairs can be done by non-Panoramic shops, right? The systems must be similar enough across the board that if you can fix a Roadtrek you can probably fix a Panoramic....
Old 08-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks, @mumkin! Those are helpful observations. I suppose this arrangement is predicated on the idea that most or all repairs can be done by non-Panoramic shops, right? The systems must be similar enough across the board that if you can fix a Roadtrek you can probably fix a Panoramic....
It depends on Panoramic. If warranty work for instance, the repair shop will have to get paid by Panoramic or you. I would prefer the up fitter, Panoramic, to pay. Do they have a program in place to pay the repair shop, approve warranty work, negotiate and arrange the work and appointment, and overnight needed parts? That is the key question to investigate and ask.

I got that kind of support from Great West Vans and continue to do so with Advanced RV. Great West Vans was a small Canadian company with about 5 dealers nationwide at the time. Advanced RV is an Ohio company that has no dealer network.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #15

I sent an email to their general email address yesterday and received this reply from Phillipe Marcotte this morning:

Hello Mr Steger,

First I would like to thank you for your interest in our Class B RV's of Superior quality. We are happy that our product touched your heart because this is what we work for.

All sales in the US are done thru our American sister company, Panoramic RV Corporation in NY. We build our US RV's on US chassis and we provide the chassis, all the paperwork and logistic to make things easy for you. There are no dealers for now in the US, but we are working directly with a growing number of US customers who will start to take delivery this fall (most placed their orders almost a year ago).

If you wish to be among our US owners group and become part of this amazing journey, we are now selling build slots for July 2021 as we are sold out on our 2020 chassis and sold out on the early spring build slots. I know it's a bit long to wait but it worth all the planning if your goal is to own the very best Class B RV.

Wondering about the pricing ? Our range is between 115 000$ and 145 000 USD$ depending on the options you would need. Mid-range is usually where it ends up, so very competitive in terms of pricing but the list of advantages and the quality level is far ahead of what is currently available on the market in similar vehicles.

I am also providing you what we call a dealer spec unit (attached), built according to the most common choices our customers do. You can add or remove things and I will update the pricing once you send it back to me. The last step you will have to manage is to pick an exterior color.

For warranty work we allow you to go to any RV dealer or mechanic you like to work with and we will provide them technical support, parts and payment for all warranty claims. The Panoramic Warranty is a 5years warranty and most oem components are covered for 2 years.

Very proactive service and warranty, we support customers coast to coast 24-7.

Our customers expect a better design, a better manufacturing quality and a better service as well.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Thanks for this, looks like very interesting news. I see from the news items on their website that they announced this in November of 2019. I wish they built in more vans than just ProMaster, but this is a fine-looking unit.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #17
Bronze Member

This looks like a hymer Aktiv. I did not see any real tech innovation. They didn't discuss the batteries, so I can't tell what sort of capacity they offer. I assume they have a traditional gas generator underneath and aren't using a second alternator? They mention having insulation that is "strategically placed", whatever that means. The fridge is the dreaded dometic rml-8330 three way. I had one, worked horribly, and it's the only fridge in the world with those dimensions so you can't replace it. The A/C unit is the same one I had too. Worked fine, but sounded like a jet aircraft taking off. It's pretty, I like it, but I suspect it has many of the failings my Lexor had, which is why I got rid of it. I'd probably go with the Aktiv over this one, but would like to hear more reviews
JLO11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLO11111 View Post
This looks like a hymer Aktiv. I did not see any real tech innovation. They didn't discuss the batteries, so I can't tell what sort of capacity they offer. I assume they have a traditional gas generator underneath and aren't using a second alternator? They mention having insulation that is "strategically placed", whatever that means. The fridge is the dreaded dometic rml-8330 three way. I had one, worked horribly, and it's the only fridge in the world with those dimensions so you can't replace it. The A/C unit is the same one I had too. Worked fine, but sounded like a jet aircraft taking off. It's pretty, I like it, but I suspect it has many of the failings my Lexor had, which is why I got rid of it. I'd probably go with the Aktiv over this one, but would like to hear more reviews
Panoramic has the black water tank (huge plus for us) and has a 5yr warranty. There is a one year wait currently, so Aktiv is very attractive. However, don’t know what folks are saying about Aktiv now that they are no longer in business / no warranties, but a used one is about half the cost of a Panoramic.....
Bearkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:20 PM   #19
Gold Member

I never buy version 1. Real pretty though.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #20
Bronze Member

Thor was in the process of buying Hymer Europe and Hymer North America (Roadtrek) when they found financial irregularities with the North America division. They backed out of their acquisition of North America, but went through with the purchase of Hymer Europe. The Thor Sequence 20A has the classic Hymer Aktiv floorplan that originated from Hymer Europe. Hymer Europe produced high quality vans. Thor's not known for quality, but if they let Hymer do their thing, it might be a really nice van.
JLO11111 is offline   Reply With Quote