Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2016, 11:12 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Hmm, more info that won't be indexed by a search engine for present day use and forget about ever digging it up in an archive in the future.

But, I've slipped off topic again.

Back to the Paseo. The Transit platform is the attraction but it will be interesting to see how the seemingly high price and the cross-ways sleeping affects sales & uptake. Getting into a cross-way bed in a B is not difficult. The getting out of it can be difficult. I had to cancel a trip when I had a frozen shoulder. There was just no way I could have gotten out of the cross-way bed without pain.

I'm curious about the front seats also. I sat in Transit on the Ford dealer lot here. It was a lower cargo capacity base unit and the seats just seemed very cheap; they felt hard to me and had very thin cloth covering the hard armrests.

Are there different grades of seats available in the Fords?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
Hmm, more info that won't be indexed by a search engine for present day use and forget about ever digging it up in an archive in the future.

But, I've slipped off topic again.

Back to the Paseo. The Transit platform is the attraction but it will be interesting to see how the seemingly high price and the cross-ways sleeping affects sales & uptake. Getting into a cross-way bed in a B is not difficult. The getting out of it can be difficult. I had to cancel a trip when I had a frozen shoulder. There was just no way I could have gotten out of the cross-way bed without pain.

I'm curious about the front seats also. I sat in Transit on the Ford dealer lot here. It was a lower cargo capacity base unit and the seats just seemed very cheap; they felt hard to me and had very thin cloth covering the hard armrests.

Are there different grades of seats available in the Fords?
Dumb question. What does that first paragraph mean?

Seats?? Yes there's different quality seats available, at least the coverings. Leather, cloth and vinyl. Can't say whether or not the actual seat padding, shape etc. are any different. May be I can have my inside the assembly plant source check that out.
$85-88k selling price seem high for real wood, Truma Combi, higher quality and more insulation, all inside the coach water lines, very easy capability of switching to a compost toilet plus more?

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #23
Platinum Member

The first paragraph was in reference to using Facebook as a discussion forum for RV's. I'm disappointed that the information posted and the effort expended posting mods and improvements etc. there have a very short shelf life. A few days maybe. The main web search engines won't index those posts. In the future for example you'd be unlikely to stumble across a good idea or specification sheet posted about a mostly forgotten model or brand. It's a benefit I've enjoyed and I'm sad that future web users may not have the same experience. FB is a fun place but not a good information store - just my opinion.

Back to the Winnebago Paseo, yes the asking price seems high to me. It's $24,000 more than the Promaster based Travato and only $7,000 less than the Mercedes Sprinter based ERA.

winnebago paseo price.JPG

You'd have to really want the Ford based unit to pay $24,000 more than the Promaster based unit IMO. My guess is that folks would instead opt to pay $7,000 more for the Mercedes Sprinter unit with the pricing that close.

It would be good to know if there are seat options.

I'm also curious to know what others think of the seats in the Transit. It has been a while since I saw it but I still remember the thin armrest material feeling like it was coming off.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:56 PM   #24
Platinum Member

I don't know what trim level WGO has selected for their Transit purchases. From photos, it looks like it's above base, as the Nav dash is a bit different.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
Back to the Paseo. First retail sale units will be available in late November. The FitRV couple are supposed to do a live, real time walk thru on Facebook the day before the Pomona RV show opens where the Paseo is being introduced to the public answering question as they go through.
Also, I started a Facebook group for the Paseo...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/196392857439348/
Why did you post facebook link if you keep declining people that request to join it?
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I don't know what trim level WGO has selected for their Transit purchases. From photos, it looks like it's above base, as the Nav dash is a bit different.
It's the radio/nav unit that's one step down from the best available. Don't know about the rest of the cab interior yet. I suspect the leather option, but may not be. Ford has a ridiculous array of seating options on this vehicle...

Old 09-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
The first paragraph was in reference to using Facebook as a discussion forum for RV's. I'm disappointed that the information posted and the effort expended posting mods and improvements etc. there have a very short shelf life. A few days maybe. The main web search engines won't index those posts. In the future for example you'd be unlikely to stumble across a good idea or specification sheet posted about a mostly forgotten model or brand. It's a benefit I've enjoyed and I'm sad that future web users may not have the same experience. FB is a fun place but not a good information store - just my opinion.

Back to the Winnebago Paseo, yes the asking price seems high to me. It's $24,000 more than the Promaster based Travato and only $7,000 less than the Mercedes Sprinter based ERA.

Attachment 3608

You'd have to really want the Ford based unit to pay $24,000 more than the Promaster based unit IMO. My guess is that folks would instead opt to pay $7,000 more for the Mercedes Sprinter unit with the pricing that close.

It would be good to know if there are seat options.

I'm also curious to know what others think of the seats in the Transit. It has been a while since I saw it but I still remember the thin armrest material feeling like it was coming off.
Marco, I don't disagree with you on Facebook's shortcomings. I don't use it for anything else other than RV groups and a couple family members only because they are clear across the country.

The street price is what I'm concerned about when purchasing anything. The asking price means nothing. The Paseo street price will be about $12-13k more than the Travato. This has been confirmed to me by a dealer. Whether that is worth that much more to an individual is up to them.
If someone, (except RT), would come up with a floorplan in a ProMaster that my wife could get behind, then I'd be right there. She doesn't like either Travato plans or anyone else's for that matter right now.
I know the difference nowadays between a Transit and a Sprinter is well worth it to me to buy a Transit, not a Sprinter. I've owned 2 NCV3 Sprinters. That's been enough....I'm done with them

Old 09-26-2016, 06:57 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperml View Post
Why did you post facebook link if you keep declining people that request to join it?
Do you have a full used Facebook account with history, some pics and activity etc? If not, don't bother to apply. Also no obvious Ford dealers.
Ask Wincrasher, you approve new or unused accounts, you are asking for a spam show...

Old 09-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Do you have a full used Facebook account with history, some pics and activity etc? If not, don't bother to apply. Also no obvious Ford dealers.
Ask Wincrasher, you approve new or unused accounts, you are asking for a spam show...
I already belong to Wincrashers Facebook Class B page and other RV pages.
I have posts made in facebook threads.
I do not post pictures on my page as that is my business.
Don't worry you will not get another request from me.
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Do you have a full used Facebook account with history, some pics and activity etc? If not, don't bother to apply.
What possible motivation would you have for such a policy? Isn't it quite possible for a person to believe that Facebook in general is ridiculous, but that your list (or whatever they call them) in particular is worthwhile?

I suppose that that is one of many ways to identify sock puppets and shills, but it is an awefully broad brush.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:56 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
... in reference to using Facebook as a discussion forum for RV's, I'm disappointed that the information posted and the effort expended posting mods and improvements etc. there have a very short shelf life. A few days maybe. The main web search engines won't index those posts....
FB is a fun place but not a good information store - just my opinion.
I agree. Facebook is perfect for ephemeral social posts with family or friends. But it doesn't provide long term value for good technical posts or reference information.

Besides, Marko and the mods for this forum have done an excellent job of keeping all those scammers and work-at-home frauds off the Class B forum. And it provides a long term archive of useful information that can be easily indexed via standard search engines.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:14 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
I agree. Facebook is perfect for ephemeral social posts with family or friends. But it doesn't provide long term value for good technical posts or reference information.

Besides, Marko and the mods for this forum have done an excellent job of keeping all those scammers and work-at-home frauds off the Class B forum. And it provides a long term archive of useful information that can be easily indexed via standard search engines.
All true but, whether you like it or not, more of the owners are over on Facebook groups and not much interested in traditional internet forums or groups. This forum will continue to find a small population of aficionados, geeks, and a very small percentage of the actual owners. Works great for communication within that small population and it is nice that it is saved for eternity and searchable but in the end it is all playing mostly to a very small but dedicated population of true enthusiasts.

There are brand specific internet forums and groups that seem to be effective but a more general group like this doesn't seem to get a very large audience...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:36 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Generally speaking, totally blank profiles - no friends, no groups, no pictures, no timeline postings - are difficult to approve. Most of the time, these folks are spam accounts or aliases. Most of the time, I don't approve them either. But some get thru.

As far as platforms and archiving goes, I've found so very few people will use the search feature, it really doesn't matter. We re-hash the same subjects a bit on Facebook. But the majority of the conversations are people's trips, photos and debate on the current models. Discussing repair minutia on old van models is really not much of the traffic.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Getting into a cross-way bed is not difficult. The getting out of it is not difficult. What is difficult is convincing your wife not to file for a restraining order.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:16 AM   #35
Bronze Member

Do the side windows in the van open? It's hard to tell from the Paseo photos that I've seen so far.
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:54 AM   #36
Bronze Member

Photo with bike rack and ladder:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsPMWToWcAA7QQl.jpg:medium
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:44 AM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
Getting into a cross-way bed is not difficult. The getting out of it is not difficult. What is difficult is convincing your wife not to file for a restraining order.

LOL, yep! That's right...

Old 09-27-2016, 04:47 AM   #38
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat66 View Post
Do the side windows in the van open? It's hard to tell from the Paseo photos that I've seen so far.
These are all Ford installed windows. Pretty sure the only ones that open are the flip out ones on the rear side windows. You can see their cutouts in the pic you posted.
Great pic by the way...

Old 09-27-2016, 11:42 AM   #39
Platinum Member

Quote:
These are all Ford installed windows. Pretty sure the only ones that open are the flip out ones on the rear side windows. You can see their cutouts in the pic you posted.
Great pic by the way...
And they flip out horizontally not vertically??

Is this an issue in the rain?
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Not 100% sure but I think?? they flip out vertically, as in top to bottom on the backside of the window so as to pull the air out as you are driving. If true, that would be a rain issue.
We'll find out soon though about those....