Old 07-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #1

Default Winnebago stops all Paseo orders

Winnebago marketing has informed me they have stopped taking orders for the Paseo in the Ford Transit 3.5 EcoBoost. I asked why, but she wouldn’t disclose any reason.
Are there any other Class B makers using the Ford Transit 3.5 EcoBoost? I want that additional horsepower and torque the EcoBoost has.

Eldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
Winnebago marketing has informed me they have stopped taking orders for the Paseo in the Ford Transit 3.5 EcoBoost. I asked why, but she wouldn’t disclose any reason.
Are there any other Class B makers using the Ford Transit 3.5 EcoBoost? I want that additional horsepower and torque the EcoBoost has.

They have stopped taking orders for a few months.

Main reason -- poor sales.
The RV is expensive; almost as expensive as their Sprinter based ERA,
for nothing more than the much cheaper Travato.

Coachman is still building the Crossfit on the Transit platform.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #3

Very difficult do make a good design with a Ford Transit better to look at a Dodge Ram Promaster in Europe most of the RV are made on Fiat Ducato which is the same as Dodge Ram Promaster. On the Transit all the wall are curve and also because of the hand break no possibility of having swivel seat. If you buy the hight roof it is still not hight enough for a 6' 2 inches persons.
jgmarcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: East of world famous Sedro Woolley, west of Concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmarcotte View Post
Very difficult do make a good design with a Ford Transit better to look at a Dodge Ram Promaster in Europe most of the RV are made on Fiat Ducato which is the same as Dodge Ram Promaster. On the Transit all the wall are curve and also because of the hand break no possibility of having swivel seat. If you buy the hight roof it is still not hight enough for a 6' 2 inches persons.
It's very possible to do a nice (custom) build on a Transit...with good headroom. A lot of folks have done one, see the FordTransitUSA site.
It is also possible to put in swivel seats. I just installed a Scopema passenger seat swivel, and I KNOW they sell a driver seat swivel with a handbrake adapter.

http://anniebuild.blogspot.com/
skagitstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Default Companies stop making products for a reason.... see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
They have stopped taking orders for a few months.

Main reason -- poor sales.
The RV is expensive; almost as expensive as their Sprinter based ERA,
for nothing more than the much cheaper Travato.

Coachman is still building the Crossfit on the Transit platform.
Chief reasons,

1. Poor profit contribution, in other words, they don't make enough money on each sale compared to what it cost them to build.

2. Poor sales; people are NOT buying it which translates into discontinued item

3. Terrible reputation is tamping customer enthusiasm, see point 2

4. They change the name to run away and hide because of the terrible reputation.... just ask Chrysler... they have to keep changing the names and models of their terrible cars...they get bad reviews and people don't have any confidence in the product.

The Ford Transit 350 has a very confined front dashboard... just try getting out of the driver's seat to go the bathroom..... it's so tight, many of you would rather exit the driver's door go around and enter from the entrance door on the coach.... this is BAD...
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #6
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmarcotte View Post
Very difficult do make a good design with a Ford Transit better to look at a Dodge Ram Promaster in Europe most of the RV are made on Fiat Ducato which is the same as Dodge Ram Promaster. On the Transit all the wall are curve and also because of the hand break no possibility of having swivel seat.
I just ordered a 2019 transit with a (new) push down parking brake that allows for a drivers swivel seat.
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:00 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
I just ordered a 2019 transit with a (new) push down parking brake that allows for a drivers swivel seat.
Is this a factory change or after market?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:11 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Default This is good.... but what about the front dashboard??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
Hmm, maybe they fixed this to in the 2019 model.... but, the older model I saw for 2017 had such a cramped space between the two front seats you had to be a contortionist to move from the driver's or passengers seat to access the rear of the vehicle....

Has that been addressed???

The space up front is SO much easier to live with on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter....
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:48 AM   #9
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
Is this a factory change or after market?
Factory order.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #10
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Hmm, maybe they fixed this to in the 2019 model.... but, the older model I saw for 2017 had such a cramped space between the two front seats you had to be a contortionist to move from the driver's or passengers seat to access the rear of the vehicle....

Has that been addressed???

The space up front is SO much easier to live with on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter....
I did notice that it was harder to move from the front seat but not not nearly enough of an issue to stop me from getting rid of my current DAMN DEISEL Sprinter.

Tags
transit ecoboost