Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Hi,again.
You can get them just about anywhere. Summit racing has them ,any car site just about has them too. Even can find them on eBay.
Most sites do not list the 3500 Ram Van in the compatible listing.
But they are the same ones used on the 3500 truck/dualies.
If you want air bags too...drop me a line. I got the firestone ones from a company in Michagan.
They are super easy to install!
Might want to do both at same time,since the rear wheels will already be out of the way.
Also if you pull a trailer or load her up a bunch. You might need a little extra clearance for the tire in the wheel well.
And if your a car guy.......really gives it a better look with the tires sticking out just a bit!
I have spent thirty plus years in auto restoration. So if you have any paint or body issues. Just ask.
Thanks,hope this was helpful.
Sorry,I kinda carry on a bit.
Eddie
Eraygunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #2

Thanks Guys,

Good information to know. I've been laying back a bit on this unit. They want $17.9K for it. Seems a bit high. Now the 4th is past maybe they will be motivated to sell. What do you think is fair price?

It does not have the extra seat for a forward sleeping position so I would likely have to modify it. It does have a new tranny, radiator, rear AC , brakes and lines and mattresses. Second owner stored inside on a 81K, 318 V8. Its over an hour away so I may try phone negotiations first.

Thanks Again. Ted
ArrVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #3

Actually they are asking 16K
ArrVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #4

Default class B hauling motorcycles

Ed, sorry to hijack in on this thread but was wondering your ideas on carrying a motorcycle on a trailer hitch. i have a 2000 GWV SC. and would like to carry a bike either on the front or back of the van. ever seen such a thing and what bikes have you seen being carried? Thanks, Mike