Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2020, 10:30 PM   #1

Default Looking to buy a Class B in So Cal

Hi Forum,

Looking to buy a nice class B in So Cal. If you have one for sale or know of a good one for sale, please let me know.

Ideally looking for an airstream or similar, but pretty open to make/model.

Thanks!
classbLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi and Welcome to the Forums

This year the market is nuts

I'd advise you to compare floor plans and features to determine what is a good fit for you

for example most sideways sleepers don;t work for tall people

gas or diesel? getting it fixed or serviced

most seat 2, some 3 or 4 , some more- extra pass seating takes away from living space or storage/cabinetry

and determine your budget...mine was 70k with an extra if I saw something great... turned out the perfect choice for me was older, but priced at less than 40k

check yur local craigslist, also poptop heaven in yucaipa specializes in the older model VW winnebago rialta- which has unique features- I like 'em

a quicklook shows a few B's listed in socal:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/se...?query=class+b

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...198567006.html

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:08 AM   #3
Platinum Member

That 2003 Great West Van is a rare and sweet rig with side pop-out, upper bunk, and rear bath. (craigslist/OrangeCounty.)
Old 09-19-2020, 04:18 AM   #4
Platinum Member

And RVTRADER gives you God photos & you get to see a big selection.

There are a number of outfitters including Atlas, Campo Van, ModVans & others in alphabetical order.

There is one other guy who builds deluxe units.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #5

Wow, thanks for the replies forum! I really appreciate it.

I did take a look at that 2003 Great West Van on Craigslist - I love the layout, but it wasn't calling to me. I guess I prefer something a little newer, but definitely open.

I will take a look at RVtrader.com and craigslist some more. I have searched on SD craigslist, but haven't seemed to find something decent.

I will keep looking and appreciate if you can point me in the right direction if a good one comes along.

I appreciate everyone's responses and help so far.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
Platinum Member

with a limited supply and a learning curve the more models you can look at- even if not so interested, the better you will be able to decide what you like

we looked at probably 30 units in person- some we walked in and turned right around ( and took notes) some we kinda liked this or that ( and took notes) when we walked into the one we bought we knew right away it fit the bill.

winning aspects- largest bed we could find, solid maple cabinetry/ quality of craftsmanship/brands, gas chev i can work on

units which were too far, I looked at youtube of same/similar model- watch how easily ( or not!) the sales person moves around the van- watch for having to "move this" to "access that"....on a rainy day with other people or a dog underfoot that'll take the fun out.

you are shopping closer to SD then ?
1 craigslist tip- search with popular mis-spellings

Road Trek is often listed as Road Trak...my seller ran an ad for 3 months with a mis-spelling which made it not come up in search results

a quick look shows a a few small rv's incl a sportsmobile popup ( no toilet in these)

cheers, Mike
Old 09-21-2020, 10:38 PM   #7

Really liking the Airstream Interstate. Does anyone have personal experience with one?
Old 09-21-2020, 11:14 PM   #8
Platinum Member

there are a couple of forum regulars who have that model
Mike
Old 09-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #9
Silver Member

First I'd get yourself down to an RV showroom & get a feel for the sizes & layouts. When i was looking I thought i knew just what kind of floor plan i wanted.
Bed in the back with the doors wide open gazing over a lovely sunset ect.
In reality when i went to see the van that i wanted it felt incredibly dark & claustrophobic, & i'm small!

I still have a vision of my perfect rv & will get there eventually, but in the mean time i'm really happy with my twin bed, bathroom in the back. It feels much more open & spacious. Even though it's exactly the same size. And the price was right.

For months i skipped over any ad where the rv didn't have the bed in the back.
Who knows how many deals i missed!

There're going to be a compromises with whichever one you choose, unless you've unlimited funds & build it yourself.

Happy hunting
Macodiva is offline   Reply With Quote