This floorplan is one of the most open-feeling of all Class B plans with a rear bath and plenty of windows. This is the motorhome that has been used in The Fit RV website and videos (http://www.thefitrv.com
). It started life as a Forest River MB Cruiser, but was completely gutted and remodeled inside and out. The remodel was complete in January 2014. This is FAR NICER than any comparably aged RoadTrek, Pleasure-Way, or any other used RV.
Complete details about the interior remodel are available at: http://www.thefitrv.com/the-rv-remodel/
. The RV was repainted by Warner Truck Center and now includes a clear coat, and body color bumpers and trim. (Sprinter vans from this time originally came with no clear coat, and grey rubber bumpers and trim.) This RV has almost every upgrade or add-on you could imagine.
Currently, the vehicle has about 125,500 miles on the odometer. That's only about 15% of the useable life of the diesel. And as an older Sprinter, you won't need to worry about DEF. This Sprinter also does NOT suffer from any of the issues that affected earlier Sprinters (Black Death, Turbo Resonator issues, Rumble Strip Noise.)
The vehicle will come with complete service records since 2010, and a complete set of manuals for subsystems where available. Asking $49,900.
A complete video walkthrough and tour is available at http://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/our- ... nd-review/
Following are the features and some upgrades completed on this RV
• 5 cylinder engine. Average 20 mpg. No DEF required!
• RV will come with a complete second set of rims.
• Modern exterior paint and trim: Completely repainted with clear coat (Sprinters from this era did not come with clear coat). Bumpers and grille painted to match.
• Entire hood and grille protected with Clear Bra.
• 3m crystalline tint on driver and passenger windows.
• Backup Camera installed.
• Installed Timbren SES front suspension kit
• Installed Rear Spring Assist Kit from Upscale Automotive. These two additions have eliminated any fear of driving in cross winds.
• The overhead visors rotate! Sprinters from this era came with fixed visors that could not cover the side windows. These rotate to fix that issue.
• Replaced battery with Lifeline AGM batteries for 220 AH capacity
• Installed new 55amp three-stage converter.
• Installed battery cut off switch
• Installed Trimetric Battery Monitor and shunt
• Replaced cheap circuit breaker connecting vehicle and coach electrical systems with Blue Sea 60 Amp heavy duty, resettable breaker.
• Added 2 USB charging outlets that run on the 12 volt electrical system.
• Installed Ultraheat Tank Heaters for Grey and Black water tanks and for piping.
• Replaced probe monitors with SeeLevel external mounted tank monitors for grey, black, fresh, and propane.
• 25 gallon fresh / 24 grey / 30 gallon black tank(!) Extremely large for a Class B.
• Replaced CRT TV with 12 volt 15" LCD television with DVD player and remote.
• Installed new Kenwood receiver with Garmin GPS and Sirius XM radio, Bluetooth, etc.
• Cab stereo install includes component speakers in doors and a subwoofer under passenger seat. With the additional cab insulation, this gives you incredible sound.
• Replaced sliding windows with new stationary CR Laurence tinted windows. They don't rattle.
• Replaced the propane tank (Manchester 6812)
• Full dry bath with separate shower.
• Filled and insulated the opening for shower trap.
• Replaced the traps on both sinks with flexible P-traps. (Rubber ones, not the bellows kind.) This gives extra protection in case you forget to put anti-freeze in the traps.
• All water lines are inside the heated space, and insulated
• Replaced original pump with Jabsco VSD pump. Smoother operation than standard RV pumps.
• Replaced the shower walls with FRP panels
• Line-X on shower pan.
• Added tropical hardwood shower mat inside shower.
• Added support under shower pan to prevent flexing
• Added a quick drain ball valve to the water heater for quick winterization.
• Replaced faucets in bathroom sink and shower with new Dura models.
• Replaced plastic toilet with china bowl Dometic 310
• Added sewer hose storage in rear.
• Changed all lighting to LED
• Added upper cabinet over vanity with lights underneath and sliding doors (frosted plexiglas)
• Dynamat sound insulation and ProDex insulation on wheel wells
• Dynamat sound insulation and ProDex insulation on Cab floor and cab roof.
• Dynamat on doors.
• Installed passenger seat swivel.
• Replaced both the Fantastic fan and vent with Maxx Air remote control fans
• Replaced roof vents with "360 siphon" vents
• Replaced dinette table with marine pedestal: there are no posts to remove and store when raising or lowering the table.
• Replaced vinyl headliner with anodized aluminum ceiling.
• Replaced vinyl window surrounds with solid cherry.
• Added pleated shades to the lounge area.
• Installed vinyl plank flooring to replace carpet.
• Added a digital safe with key backup.
• Ducted heat to front of Coach and around behind shower to bathroom cabinet. (to keep pipes from freezing).
• New Solid Surface countertops for galley and vanity.
• Replaced plastic bathroom sink with stainless round sink.
• Replaced stove with SMEV 2 burner cooktop
• Replaced sink with SMEV deep sink with folding faucet
• Added undermount soap dispenser in bathroom.
• Added backsplash of 430 stainless steel in galley (it's magnetic!)
• Installed replacement wood panel for front of refrigerator.
• Additional insulation on exterior of refrigerator.
• Two fork bike mounts inside and two on the back.
• Completely replaced all cabinets with new, solid cherry and cherry ply cabinetry.
• Cabinet knobs are Flush mount – "push to get a knob" hardware on all doors.
• Installed decorative side curtains on main coach windows.
• Replaced separate smoke and carbon monoxide detectors with single combo unit with voice alarms.
• Replaced dining table top with one covered in 430 stainless (again, it's magnetic) and trimmed in wood.
• Recovered seats in cab and added supportive foam in driver's seat.
• Added driver's side door arm rest padding.
• Recovered cushions in coach and revamped padding for increased support.
• Added a built-in waste bin to the galley behind drivers seat.
• Added carpeted floor mats and wood trim dash kit.
• Added REMI pleated cab shades.
• Wrapped steering wheel in matching leather