Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2021, 03:34 AM   #1

Default Xplorer 230 XLW Awning

Hi fellow Xplorer owners. I bought a 1998 Xplorer 230XLW in October 2020 after relentlessly scouring craigslist for the last three years. It is definitely my dream RV. I haven’t driven it long distance since I bought it in Kentucky and drove it about 800 miles to Virginia with a detour to Georgia.

I am looking forward to camping season this year.

I do have few questions and I hope you guys can point me in the right direction to resources. The RV didn’t come with an awning and I am searching for a used one or is the an appropriate aftermarket one that I can use? I am in Richmond, VA so if you have a good recommendation for an RV service center or an independent RV service technical that services RV for a reasonable price, please share the information.

Thanks,
Mike
MikeG804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:51 PM   #2

Mike, I have a Carefree of Colorado Freedom Roof Mount awning that was on my Sprinter I am trying to sell. It is two months old and in perfect condition. It may be what you are looking for. It is 11 feet in length with a silver vase and white acrylic fabric. Let me know if you are interested. David
dajlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:44 PM   #3

Mike - I have a 2003 230XLW with a A&E Systems Horizon Awning. It is a 13' manual crank awning that rolls back into an enclosed container. I had to replace the awing a few years back because I forgot to lock the supports down and a Texas wind came up and blew it over the RV breaking several of the system pieces. replacement was about $1300.
Good luck - a awning is a great addition for sun and rain protection.
Jvashro is offline   Reply With Quote