Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2024, 06:32 PM   #1

Default RVMaster by BMPro

My 2021 came with the RVMaster multiplex system. To date I have had to replace the control panel and brain box, thankfully under warranty. But it is slow to wake sometimes, making simple tasks a pain. It controls all interior lighting, ac, generator, water pump, tank levels etc.

I have decided to go old school and install switches and a thermostat and hopefully do away with it completely.

Anyone ever done this?
Bill P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 05:25 PM   #2
Platinum Member

2020 20AT here. I don’t think it would be too hard. Everything terminates at the Node box which is buried somewhere in a cabinet depending on model. All the switching is high side, and there are a lot of switch and dimmer panel options out there.

Befor you do that, have you updated the BMPro app and firmware? I’d do that before going to the trouble of ripping it out. Our system was sluggish and experiencing some issues until I updated the app from Google Play Store and after that the Node firmware automatically updated.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 06:36 PM   #3
Site Team

Despite my enthusiasm for van automation, I am generally negative on all of these "comprehensive" systems. The problem is that they are almost always designed to completely replace manual systems rather than augment them. Not good to put all your eggs in one basket

As I have discussed elsewhere, when I add my DIY automation features, I work very hard to make sure that all failures cause a fallback to manual operation. It is not that hard, but it is not the mindset of the commercial providers.

Unless you have the skills and motivation to roll your own system, I completely agree with your proposal to tear it all out and go manual.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 07:46 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Despite my enthusiasm for van automation, I am generally negative on all of these "comprehensive" systems. The problem is that they are almost always designed to completely replace manual systems rather than augment them. Not good to put all your eggs in one basket

As I have discussed elsewhere, when I add my DIY automation features, I work very hard to make sure that all failures cause a fallback to manual operation. It is not that hard, but it is not the mindset of the commercial providers.

Unless you have the skills and motivation to roll your own system, I completely agree with your proposal to tear it all out and go manual.

I am with Avanti 100% on this for the same reasons. One failed item can crash the entire charging and maybe power system.

Our 618ah lithium system has 3 sources and all are standalone, but setup to work together without interfering in each others effectiveness.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 06:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill P View Post
My 2021 came with the RVMaster multiplex system. To date I have had to replace the control panel and brain box, thankfully under warranty. But it is slow to wake sometimes, making simple tasks a pain. It controls all interior lighting, ac, generator, water pump, tank levels etc.

I have decided to go old school and install switches and a thermostat and hopefully do away with it completely.

Anyone ever done this?
Well I got it done!!!! Hardest thing is running wires. Installed dimmer switches for the interior lights and toggle switches for the exterior lights. New awning in/out switch. Moved the switches to areas where they made since, like water pump within reach of sink. Installed a basic thermostat to control the A/C and tank monitor. Wonder if there is a market for a used control pad and brain?
Bill P is offline   Reply With Quote