Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Pale Moon browser

I had been a Firefox user for many years until the newer versions that are excruciatingly slow and had lost most of the customization I liked so well. Wound up switching to IE11 which was a bit better, but still very Micorsoftish and not very customizable. Didn't care for Chrome at all.

I decided to try Firefox again to see if they had gotten better, and they hadn't, but while searching for help on some of the features I ran across a recommendation to try Pale Moon browser. Apparently it is some kind of an offshoot? of Firefox that keeps a lot of the things folks liked in the older versions.

I put it on the partition of the PC that is separate for the grandkids to play on without destroying the whole computer, and it seems to work very well to this point. Full customization with the features that had gone away on Firefox, most of the same add-ons worked fine. Very fast compared to IE or current Firefox.

I know nothing of Pale Moon or if there are any known risks or problems with it.

Anybody got any insight before I put it on the normal side of the computer?
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Default Re: Pale Moon browser

Pale Moon is really a stripped down FF. It used the FF code but removes a lot of the memory hogging and memory leaking components that FF has. I think the biggest thing that most people will not like in PM vs. FF is that in PM there are no parental controls. They have been removed. FF has some. Other than that, it appears to be a good solid browser. I'd say go for it.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pale Moon browser

Thanks for the information.

Based the info, I put it on a while ago, and it is very much like Firefox 19 in appearance but much faster and less glitchy. Most of the Firefox addons worked OK. I really like the toolbar customizing like the old Firefox so I can get a lot clear screen.

Looks like a winner so far.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I used Pale Moon on both my Windows 10 laptop and my PCLinuxOS desktop.

It works fine on Windows but occasionally crashes Linux.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote