Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #1

Default 1st Rialta and excited!

Becky & I just bought our first Rialta, a 1999 HD, due for total reconditioning by Rialta Heaven. Hopefully we'll have it for our trip planned to Oregon in mid-October. We have researched the Rialta extensively and settled on the HD as the best floor plan for the two of us. We chose the 1999 because it fits our budget and understand the engine is smaller than newer versions, but we're OK with going slow uphill, we're retired. We're excited about the trip, having tried a QD under the "rent before you buy" program that Rialta Heaven offers, and we were pleased with our experience. Although the floor plan was not to our liking (who wants to cook in the entry door space?!), but the overall performance and space was perfect for us. Being new to the RV world (car/tent campers all our camping life), it took a little time to figure out all the plumbing connections and procedures (leaky city water connection, getting the proper location to reach the dump with the hose), but it all worked out. We especially enjoyed having our friends (Westphalia pop top) over to play games on our dinette) and the dogs love the new travel home! Being former tent campers, being out of the rain is a big plus.

So far, I have only one question: If your propane tank is not totally empty, how can you get it refilled? I understand, due to safety issues, no one will refill a partial tank.

peter randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
Silver Member

I've never had a problem getting my tank filled at any time. It's best to wait until it's as close to empty as possible. It only hold 5.6 gallons (80% of 7 gallons) and some places have a minimum charge for refilling.

Also, the tank in the Rialta falls under a different section of the propane code, so doesn't need to be inspected like portable tanks.

Duane

TXPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #3
Platinum Member

You wil never face any problems refilling your propane

once in Texas had it fill before we went boondocking only a minimal went in .....no problem !

as far a sthe engine goes ...I tried both version ,andseriously,not that much difference !

it wont bother you!

Old 09-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #4

Thanks to you both. I'll go with no worries about the propane or the engine!

peter randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #5

Good luck with your Rialta, Peter.

We just bought a 2001 from a private seller. So far we have replaced the front air conditioner, which is noted to be a weak point.

It is a good investment. The design is sleek and the layout eptiomizes the maximum use of space.

snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote