Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2020, 11:24 AM   #1

Default Hi from FL

Morning all. We will take delivery of our new Storyteller Overland 4x4 Mode on the 26st of June. This is our first RV and we are very excited to start traveling in it instead of flying. Grandkids in Indiana and new one arriving the end of July in Montana 😃 so we will be fast learners to the RV life. 😎
Walter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome!

suggest you spend hours and hours in the driveway with the manuals learning all the systems and how they work. How to manage energy usage

living in AZ, I get my fridge going ( propane for me) a couple of days in advance, night before we turn on the air conditioning ( on shore power) to get the van cool and move all our supplies into the cooled van

we don;t use our microwave much and our daily use plates and bowls travel in there, with our dishtowels between to stop rattles
look for spaces you can use to store where you aren't "moving THIS thing to get to THAT thing" too much

I use clothespins with labels for "shore power" "water hose" "tv antenna" and etc which I clip to the drivers visor to remind what needs to be done before rolling

Cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:11 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter78 View Post
Morning all. We will take delivery of our new Storyteller Overland 4x4 Mode on the 26st of June. This is our first RV and we are very excited to start traveling in it instead of flying. Grandkids in Indiana and new one arriving the end of July in Montana 😃 so we will be fast learners to the RV life. 😎
Welcome Walter. Congrats on the Storyteller. Who knew we'd be in the situation we're in, making travel a challenge.

Good luck enjoy your new rig.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:56 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Welcome NEWBE to the RV Lifestyle and congratulations on the new Family members. They can truly be a lot of fun and its good to spend time with them. There are a lot of websites to help you find information try changingears.com Here is a nice YouTube you should both watch and I hope you like.
PUT the earphones on:
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #5
Silver Member

Nice choice Walter! That rig comes pretty loaded and has incorporated some interesting design ideas. Love to hear how you use the Groove Lounge, as well as the disappearing shower, which saves a lot of space and weight. It’s one of the most open, efficient layouts I’ve seen in a Sprinter 144, while also having a large cargo area. To top it off, the manufacturer seems dedicated to quality and customer service.

Best of luck and we look forward to hearing about your experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter78 View Post
GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
I use clothespins with labels for "shore power" "water hose" "tv antenna" and etc which I clip to the drivers visor to remind what needs to be done before rolling

Cheers, Mike
Similarly, we use those colored kid's silicone snap bracelets you can get at Amazon, Michael's or Hobby Lobby with Sharpie printed reminder labels that you can snap on the steering wheel. We got that idea from a fellow RVer, Mike Stanley.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FCN5VNU...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
Welcome!
suggest you spend hours and hours in the driveway...living in AZ...night before we turn on the air conditioning ( on shore power) to get the van cool and move all our supplies into the cooled van
Cheers, Mike
Be very careful to check your owners’ manual and the a/c product info before running your a/c at home using shore power.

With some a/c units, unless you have an RV 30 amp or better power outlet at home, running the rig’s a/c on just regular household current can damage the units and cause very expensive repairs.
GBail is offline   Reply With Quote