Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2022, 02:30 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
I ran 50# front and 70# rear, just me and full tank of gas. Ride was very good at 62mph. A little wander at 65 and a bit more at 70. Worse was the buffeting following an 18 wheeler. Not wander but the body was rocking on the suspension. Later in the day it got pretty windy with side winds. Not scary at all unless it was a gust then a drift to the side.
I'll try 60# front and 80# rear after I get it weighed. I'm running Bridgestones, need to check which model.
Overall pleased with the ride and driving.

Sumo Springs (actually polyurethane bump stops) will help with some of the side-to-side movement. But the install is a little complicated on the 210 rear as the resting point is different than the stand Express where they sit on the axle. The recent thread below explains this:

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...0-a-12896.html
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 05:58 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I run 65/80 in my 2006 RT 210P with OEM tires, 245/75R16 E , Bridgestone V-Steel. Stiffer front spring and rear airbags give 2" lift. Control is just fine. A bit of rear end side rock on uneven roads due to no rear torsion bar. I would put one in but I am right at max gross so managing by running airbag pressures high.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:20 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Just an update, finally had the time to go through everything and get it cleaned up. Everything works! Just need to decide on how to redo the 3 seats, it has the typical deteriorated ultra leather that RT used during that time period. A friend has offered to help with sewing new seat covers (he's done upholstery work and does a great job) or just buy ready made covers. My friend won't be able to help until the winter.
So just have a few more things to load up then I'll get it weighed and be ready for traveling.
Previously: 1999 36' Foretravel, 1998 Newell, 1993 Newell
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote