Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 06:52 AM   #1

Default new member mid-west

My wife and I just went from a regular length ford E350 4x4 with a pop top to a pleasure way excel-ts. Thus far it has been awesome. I am worried about low clearance though and how to protect the grey and black water tank tubes. This thing is LOW to the ground! We drug the rear left corner pulling out of our driveway! Any tips on this would be much appreciated. The van itself though its crazy nice! The fit and finish of pleasure way is very well done. The van is an early 08 (92-07 front end, looking to upgrade to 08 and newer front) and it has (had 30k miles on it when we bought it a few weeks ago. It now has 34,800. Any tips and useful info particular to these vans would be much appreciated!
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I have a 2006 PW Lexor TD on a chev- the lexor uses the chev body- so we are narrower.

I was under my van today- there are a couple of scrape marks here and there, but I also admired the makeshift looking guard for the drain on the fresh water tank. Everything looks like it is made so as not to snag.
Like yours, my grey water comes all the way over from the other side, but no problems, the heat shielding wrap ( it runs close to the chev exhaust) is a little roughed up but that's about it
I really don;t worry about clearance and we have been on some dirt and gravel roads with washouts, pot holes and rocks.

you can ensure that your suspension is correct whether airbags or shocks.

when coming out of a driveway, go straight out then turn once you are level.

enjoy! I love our PW we bought it at just over 80K, and are close to 100k now.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #3

Default Thanks!

This thing is awesome! We get about 50-60 nights a year in our van and so far this one is a winner. We LOVED our other rig too of course and it did us well, and is treating the new owners the same, alas this Pleasure Way is another lever for sure. Does anyone know how available parts are for the For Chassis PW's? This one needs nothing, but in the event I do need something I would like to be able to get it you know?

Best,
C.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #4
Platinum Member

most mechanical parts are at any auto parts store.

most of the RV parts are common ( dometic, suburban, thetford, shurflo, winegard etc) to other makes and available through amazon, ebay, camping world etc etc

suggest you get robertson head screwdrivers- R1, R2. These are CDN code for electrical and cabinetry- probably every screw in your coach will need a 1/8~ 1/4 turn to snug up.
most multidriver sets at the hardware store will have these-

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:46 AM   #5

Default Screws

That's hilarious! I have noticed that most of the screws are loose, why is that?

As for mechanical parts, I went with the Ford chassis for that reason. I'm familiar with them and have a (at least I hope so) decent idea of their needs and wants. Same with general RV systems. We learned tons after building our first one from the ground up.

For parts I was wondering about where to get proprietary parts like fascia and molding that would be specific to PW builds in the event something were to break or get cracked somehow. Could I just go through pleasure way?

Thanks for the tip on the screws!

Best,
C