Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2014, 05:20 AM   #1

Default New Rialta Owner in Santa Cruz, CA

Hello All,

We have just purchased a 2003 22HD, installed three new batteries and did a 400 mile shakedown drive back to Santa Cruz. We've search a long time to find the right one. Found her in Los Angles with 28K miles and no usage in over two years.

Because of the lack of recent use there are problems I will need to work through. The biggest is likely to be getting the generator operational, and there are some minor electrical issues I will need to address.

We plan on using the vehicle initially for long weekends through the Fall and then I will likely be adding two cabinets beside the rear window and modifying several of the existing cabinets this Winter. Our first trip will be a trip down the coast next weekend.

I expect I will be back to the Forum with some questions as I learm more about the Rialta. At this point, I don't even know what I don't know.

Slán,

Bill

wcmcdermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #2

Default New Rialta Owner in Santa Cruz, CA

Hi Bill,

We bought our 2002 Hd last September. We've spent the year doing mostly day trips, weekend trips and a couple longer ones. It has been great fun learning about our Rialta and we look forward to spring when we plan on much longer trips.

Though we haven't had too much go wrong with ours, the biggest problem has been finding shops to work on it. VW dealerships especially have not been very helpful. A local radiator shop repaired our cab air conditioner. It was on a trip to California that we found it didn't work--hot!

It's been fun running into other Rialta owners, which has happened twice at different campgrounds. They have been friendly and forthcoming with information about their rigs. We're happy to know this forum is here.

Robin

2002 Hd

fiver is offline   Reply With Quote