Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Tank gauges are notoriously inaccurate. ………………………………..
Most indeed are very inaccurate. For my fresh and grey water tank, I chose Wema with electromechanical floaters and analog gauge, very accurate and never had a problem. For black water tank using ultrasonic sensor on the tank top would be more accurate than commonly used capacitive sensors. Adding a rinse nozzle next to the US sensor would make it foolproof.

Senders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GRE13157.jpg (134.2 KB, 11 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Tank gauges are notoriously inaccurate. If you have a macerator you can tell from experience by sound if you emptied the tanks, or just check the outlet for discharge. It it sputters it is nearly empty. I don't worry about emptying it out all the way since I still want liquid in the bottom of the tank.
Great point about the liquid at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
It is really helpful to have a clear segment somewhere in the dump chain. There are various fittings that make this possible. What is appropriate is specific to your particular setup.
I'll definitely look into that modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Most indeed are very inaccurate. For my fresh and grey water tank, I chose Wema with electromechanical floaters and analog gauge, very accurate and never had a problem. For black water tank using ultrasonic sensor on the tank top would be more accurate than commonly used capacitive sensors. Adding a rinse nozzle next to the US sensor would make it foolproof.

Senders.
This seems very useful, thanks.

I'm currently in the Olympic National Forest dry camping and going to test out how well the lithium does for an extended period during moderate weather. Can't beat this view or the feeling of being nestled in the forest like a lithium powered submarine!
WingedRyno is offline   Reply With Quote