Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 03 200 Popular (Chevy) - crank window unglued

See attached. The left rear crank-out window glass has become disconnected from both of the crank/slider mechanisms. I read some posts elsewhere that this was a very common issue for Roadtrek, and that the blame was passed back and forth between Roadtrek and the window manufacturer (CR Laurence). I checked their web site and it doesn't appear they even MAKE a window for these any more.

From what I read, the window can fall out if I'm not careful. I have it taped in as of now. I am not sure if the previous owner made an attempt to fix this or not.

Anyone have success in re-attaching theirs? I found a post that suggests 3M Window Weld and One Step Primer. Anybody try this or work with this stuff.

Absent anything else, I am going to give this stuff a try. Not sure how I am going to get the sliders positioned just right. Or how to get the old adhesive off the glass and the aluminum sliders. Youtube didn't have much on it.

Tnx.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Window delam.jpg (78.8 KB, 42 views)
PJW73NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #2
Platinum Member

The above products worked successfully. The difficult part was finding a way to keep pressure on the class while the Window Weld cured. I used a step ladder with a foam pad pressed against the glass. I added a few cinder blocks to the ladder for additional pressure.
PJW73NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJW73NH View Post
See attached. The left rear crank-out window glass has become disconnected from both of the crank/slider mechanisms. I read some posts elsewhere that this was a very common issue for Roadtrek, and that the blame was passed back and forth between Roadtrek and the window manufacturer (CR Laurence). I checked their web site and it doesn't appear they even MAKE a window for these any more.

From what I read, the window can fall out if I'm not careful. I have it taped in as of now. I am not sure if the previous owner made an attempt to fix this or not.

Anyone have success in re-attaching theirs? I found a post that suggests 3M Window Weld and One Step Primer. Anybody try this or work with this stuff.

Absent anything else, I am going to give this stuff a try. Not sure how I am going to get the sliders positioned just right. Or how to get the old adhesive off the glass and the aluminum sliders. Youtube didn't have much on it.

Tnx.
Note that 'when' the top of the panel detaches from the window, the panel will slide right down the slide. Stop up the bottom of the slide.

Do not drive with the panel open. Oh, I have a plexiglas panel on the drivers side, but it works well. It fell off while parked and into about a million pieces.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear window, unglued, window, window fell out