Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #21

Hello...we saw a Travato parked in a Flying J lot and I got the name of the dealer from the nameplate on the back. We called the dealer ( in Dayton, Ohio) and they gave us a very good deal. They were sort of like a broker for Winnebagos. Not necessarily a repair facility etc. You can google Winnebago Travato and Dayton Ohio and you will get them. We drove from the east coast to pick it up after ordering and purchasing online. We drive this vehicle every day but the list of "Cons" far outweighs the "Pros". If you are interested in our opinion of the issues with this vehicle conversion from Winnebago let me know. Unfortunately when you purchase an expensive vehicle, you have to keep it for a while. We are very satisfied with the Dodge chassis (Promaster) and engine. Thanks and hope this helps.
bpestun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:24 AM   #22
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coss370 View Post
Yeah, its pretty much MSRP here in California vs 20-30% elsewhere.
Certainly not my experience nor is it for a friend on the Travato Owners and Wannabes (FB).
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:41 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Nice, make sure you share them so we don’t see people getting ripped off. Local dealer wanted sticker for their demo era
coss370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:27 AM   #24
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger View Post
I recently ordered a new Travato (2022) from La Mesa. This is my second Travato from them. The service in this area is great and also the service from another dealer I did not by from is great. (Hint: when in for service at a dealer you did not buy from, ordering pizza for the entire crew will put you in a favored customer status.)

I went to my service manager at La Mesa and asked her who is the best salesman to deal with and then called him. We came to a agreement on price with the expected discount and on a generous trade value. Delivery is sometime in May so I have until then to rob a bank to pay for it. Meantime, I am driving my trade around.

The 2022 Travato has some major changes that make it worth waiting for. I also got the option for the fourth battery module from Volta Power Systems. My middle name is "I hate generators."

Lichtsinn is great btw. I get parts from them. The delivery charge is $1295 as I recall and they are flat-bedded in to La Mesa now not driven like before.

Yes, I agree that there will be a lot of slightly used models up for sale in 2022-2023 but how much is the wait worth?

There is a group on FB, Travato Owners and Wannabes that you can learn a lot from and they used to have a buyer's guide in their documents that was helpful.

My advice, go for it. You're burning daylight waiting to hit the road.

See you down the road,
Keith

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/on-the-road-again
I like this attitude Keith. You are right <Go for it> Next year you don't know maybe you will break a leg? Doing it now does have a value that will be lost next year.
Paul the Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:23 AM   #25
Gold Member

Join the FB group Travato owners and wannabes. They can help you with issues
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:10 AM   #26
Platinum Member

I may be wrong (and please correct me if so), but I don't think the "B" market is going anywhere anytime soon. I can see other types of RVs being dumped, just because people find that having a 35 foot trailer and storing it is a pain, but "B"s are useful, even if gas prices go up, and even if one doesn't do much RV-ing, they are useful for secondary vehicles.

As for Travatos, the above FB group, and "Travato Base Camp" are both excellent resources.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote