Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2024, 04:09 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Cassette Toilets Vs Black tank solved

Hi,
The thread on cassette toilets vs Black tank was closed and rightfully so.
It was closed before I could reply.

There are pros and cons of both systems. So much, that I have added the pros of the two systems to my Class B van.

My van came with a black tank. While this has worked well, it does lack the pros of a cassette toilet, mainly the ability to dump at places without dump sites. This limit stopped me from camping at primitive sites with just pit toilets and no dump stations.

I solved this problem and now have the best of both by buying a
Thetford 33205 holding tank for a cassette toilet. I store this under my van in a box I made. now I can dump my black tank into the holding tank that has wheels and a handle. Then I can dump this into a pit toilet or other places that do not have dump stations.

I also have an Americanizer the RV Sewage Adapter for Cassettes Toilets by FITRV. With this, I can also dump my cassette toilet tank cleanly at the dump station with the van's sewer hose.

I also have a macerator, used when I can run a black garden hose to dump, like at my home.

The system as works well.
Dave-DJ is offline   Reply With Quote