Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2024, 05:10 PM   #1

Default Coffee maker

Well I just bought a 1998 Pleasureway and I love it. It came with a built in coffe maker and of course it was too much to ask that it was still working. I can't find one to replace it. So after much research I decided to cut away a little of it and put a shelf extending out a few inches. Then I can get one of those sliding appliance holders. I want to make sure that it will work not only for my 5 cup machine but anything else I buy in the future. Its a shame to waste the space that already has an electrical outlet. As you all know there is no room in this model to have it sit on the counter. Oh and for safety I would cover it with a bungee net. Now my question is, has anyone else tried to do something different to replace the coffee maker
Tissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:48 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tissy View Post
... Now my question is, has anyone else tried to do something different to replace the coffee maker
Yep, something like this works really well for me. No worries about draining the battery, and takes up very little space.

Old 04-30-2024, 08:46 PM   #3

We don’t have a built in but we have a four cup Mr. Coffee that fits great in the sink. There is an outlet on the side of the counter. We also have a small crockpot that fits in the sink. We often hit the road for a while before stopping for breakfast and the coffee is ready.
Tom 98072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:39 PM   #4
Bronze Member

French Press and Camping Percolator work great in RV ;0)
Blueboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 08:36 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I have used my camping percolator for over twenty years in both of my Roadtreks and it has operated flawlessly. Only thing better is cowboy coffee and I occasionally use the percolator without its insides to make it.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:54 PM   #6

We bought a smaller Keurig that would fit in that space and now trying to figure out a way to secure it. It is small enough that we could put it away somewhere, but would rather just have it up there all the time if possible.
ahbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:57 PM   #7
Bronze Member

I have a Roadtrek and the guy I bought it from loved the coffee maker so much he uninstalled it and kept it. What a jerk. It is no longer available as are most under cabinet coffee makers (it was a fad that has passed). I got lucky and found a 70s vintage under counter Mr. Coffee on ebay for $40. I jerry rigged an install method, and it is now the best coffee maker I have owned. Check ebay for used.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 04:40 PM   #8
otr
Gold Member

stove top espresso maker, save the 110
otr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 06:24 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Default Mt. Hagen Instant Coffee

We use this on our RV. You would be very surprised by how good this is and just need to boil water and clean up is nothing. No special need for any filters or equipment.

The best place to get this is at Amazon.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 08:23 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Default I'm with you

We had one in our 98 Coachmen. Used it everyday. It had a strap to secure it. Just remember to secure it. We didn't once or twice, and what a mess it did make. Funny thing, the carafe never broke. Don't know what it was made of. We have since tried to find another, and like you, no luck.
swadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 04:23 AM   #11
Gold Member

We used to use a Bialetti stovetop moka pot. But we switched to pour over with small V shaped filters just big enough for a single cup. I just boil water and pour over. Then all I have to do it drop the filter and grounds into the trash. This saves water and mess compared to washing out the pot.
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 12:21 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tissy View Post
Well I just bought a 1998 Pleasureway and I love it. It came with a built in coffe maker and of course it was too much to ask that it was still working. I can't find one to replace it. So after much research I decided to cut away a little of it and put a shelf extending out a few inches. Then I can get one of those sliding appliance holders. I want to make sure that it will work not only for my 5 cup machine but anything else I buy in the future. Its a shame to waste the space that already has an electrical outlet. As you all know there is no room in this model to have it sit on the counter. Oh and for safety I would cover it with a bungee net. Now my question is, has anyone else tried to do something different to replace the coffee maker
Or you can get a percolator and make it on the stove. Works great for me and nice to warm it up if it gets cold.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 01:31 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Default Mt Hagen will really impress you, no kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by swadia View Post
We had one in our 98 Coachmen. Used it everyday. It had a strap to secure it. Just remember to secure it. We didn't once or twice, and what a mess it did make. Funny thing, the carafe never broke. Don't know what it was made of. We have since tried to find another, and like you, no luck.
Give Mt. Hagen Instant freeze dried coffee a try.... you'll forget using the coffee maker in the rig and there's nothing to clean up except your coffee mug.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote