Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2024, 12:48 AM   #1

Default Dodge Roadtrek 190 Water Issue

We have a 97 Dodge RT 190 V with a water leak that soaks the floor by the passenger seat when using city water hookups. The first time this happened I had the water valve at the connection turned the wrong way and water flowed from the overfill in the passenger doorway. My bad. However I learned from my mistake and made another trip and used the water connection, valve turned the correct way. I made the connection about 5 pm. At midnight the floor by the passenger seat was soaked. According to my pressure gauge I had 30 psi going through the system. Everything seemed to work fine, just had the wet floor. Any ideas? I can’t get a good view of the top of the tank.
TownFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 06:32 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I would guess that the selector valve is leaking water to the tank and over filling it. A new valve should be available at RV supply house, and it is possible to change it out. Personally, I never used city water in my 97 RT 190. There is always a chance of running water flooding the unit with city water. I woke up one morning to find the class A next to me had water running out of the storage spaces under the floor, and the entire area was flooded.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:07 PM   #3
Gold Member

Good point with the constant pressure of the city option. . If you use the freshwater tank and there’s a leak, at least you’ll hear the pump cycling off and on.
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote