Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Fridge out - Pleasure-Way

The fridge went out in our 3-month-old 2011 P-W Plateau. Any ideas on what to do? Surely it's under warranty, but we are 1,000 miles from where we bought it.
VanGoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Fridge out

Is it not working on propane or electric (or battery)?
If you can supply the make and model of the fridge I can try to find a manual for specific troubleshooting.
or
Call the fridge manufacturer. Have the fridge serial number handy. They'll help with troubleshooting and let you know if it is under warranty and the closet repair center.

For propane check to see if the stove lights to make sure propane is flowing.
For AC power check the circuit breakers.
For DC make sure any battery disconnect switches are not activated.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Bronze Member

It's not working on propane, battery, or electric. We managed to find a dealer to look at it, but not for another couple of weeks. And that's almost two hours away. We've decided my husband will drive the B there and if they need to keep it, he'll call me, and I'll come in the car to pick him up. All this traveling is very frustrating, particularly since the fridge was only 3 mos. old when it went out.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Bronze Member

UPDATE: It took about two weeks, but we finally got in for our fridge appointment. It was an easy 15-minute fix, but we hadn't seen anything in the owner's manual about it. The mechanic showed my husband which buttons to push to reset if it happens again (fingers crossed!). Happy outcome, but he left at 6 a.m. and won't be back until about 2 p.m. Long drive for such a tiny fix.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Silver Member

Hi VanGoGirl, could you give me more detail on the location of the resets in case I run into the same issue?
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #6
Bronze Member

SECOND UPDATE: The repair still cost us $60+ because it was considered an owner issue. The refrigerator was not defective or broken, so Norcold wasn't responsible, and P-W likewise wasn't responsible, even though the RV is only 4 mos. old.

Instructions from my husband:

Down on (or near) the floor, under the TV, next to the fuse box, there is a place where you disconnect the battery. The top two black posts are about an inch tall with wires on them. The buttons are also black, on the inside of the two posts facing each other. These buttons are smaller than a pencil eraser and hard to see because of their color.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Default Re: Fridge out - Pleasure-Way

Like this? (different model Pleasure-Way)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg manual reset breakers.JPG (108.1 KB, 2091 views)
Old 08-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Silver Member

OMG, that is not right. Something like that should be in the owners manual for sure. You would think they would have waved the fee for something simple like that. Thanks for the update. I will check tonight where that is located so i will know for the future.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I sent an email to Dean Rumpel at Pleasure Way today asking that he send me a few manuals covering their various models in PDF format. Hopefully, Dean will respond positively. I found that info in a PW Excel manual. If I had the opportunity to look through some of their other manuals I could probably provide quick and free answer to problems such as this.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Markopolo, ours is not like the photo you posted. We don't have the labels (how convenient!) and the posts with the circuit breaker on it are single posts with single wires attached to them by the nuts similar to what you show in the picture. There are four posts, two on top and two on the bottom, separated by about four inches across from each other and up and down. The top two are the ones with the push button circuit resets. Hope this helps those of you who have the 2011 Plateau.

We won't swear this info is not the manual, only that we couldn't find it.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
Platinum Member

What you described would have been difficult to figure out the cause of unless there was a easily findable reference in the owner manual.
That's why PDF owner manuals are really useful. You can search them. Enter the search term in Adobe reader and it displays all the matches.

I've owned 4 RV's and every one of them used standard automotive type fuses for the 12v DC coach side of things. I did not know PW did it so differently. There are goods things about both ways of doing it.
I've learned something new here.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Everybody: Disregard my previous posts about where the reset buttons are located. My husband was VERY confused.

The small projection on the right side of the upper left pole (in your photograph) is one of the reset buttons. On ours, the other reset button is on the right poll but facing the left hand reset button. However, our reset buttons are less prominent and black-on-black so they are difficult to see unless somebody shows you.

You have drawn in a yellow arrow to the righthand side of the right poll, and ours is on the left side of that poll (and on the right side of the other poll to the left).

I apologize for the confusion. My husband had been just trying to figure out the political ads for the presidential election, and he was still in a state of total confusion about what's real.

(This post dictated by my husband. )
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
Bronze Member

Rick, I'm glad our posts have been helpful to someone. It's all very confusing to me. If you've read other threads, you saw we've had more circuit breaker problems, in the dead of night with only a tiny, ineffective flashlight. Now my husband is up to speed (fingers crossed), and we hope he knows where all the resets are.

I want my 20-year-old Sportsmobile back. It wasn't high tech, but I could do everything in it all by myself.