Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2024, 07:59 PM   #1

Default Galleria Intermittent Water Pump

The water pump in my 2020 Galleria works intermittently. That is, it will sometimes come on when the button is pushed on the control panel and other times it will not turn on. The pump was installed by Lazy Days RV in Mesa, Az. in December 2023. It operated properly until a few weeks ago.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions for troubleshooting/repair?
jim9706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 09:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Two things could be wrong, button is defective or there is a short in the wiring to the pump. If you can, check for a loose ground wire to the pump.
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 05:02 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Maybe not a short in the wiring (that should blow a fuse), but maybe a loose connection. The "button" is through the FireFly system, so hard to diagnose if there is a software issue there. I agree with mloganusda to check the wiring at the pump first, but understand that intermittent issues like this won't necessarily have a "bad looking" connection, just possibly a loose one. Maybe just disconnecting and reconnecting will solve the issue. Ideal situation would be the ability to check voltage and ground when the problem exists.
sparkyfourhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 06:37 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Could be a bad pressure switch. I believe on most pumps they are part of the pump itself.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:41 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9706 View Post
The water pump in my 2020 Galleria works intermittently. That is, it will sometimes come on when the button is pushed on the control panel and other times it will not turn on. The pump was installed by Lazy Days RV in Mesa, Az. in December 2023. It operated properly until a few weeks ago.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions for troubleshooting/repair?

Hi Jim,
The water pump only comes on or should when the water line pressure drops. If you are say at an RV Park and hooked up. You should use a water regulator, so you don't add too much water pressure to bust a pipe. The water pump at an RV Park campground should be off as the water following is turned to CITY WATER. But once you disconnect from the CITY, your Water PUMP SHOULD BE ON to supply the van with the water needed. But if there is no need for water to follow the pump will stop. But will keep the water pressure up, once the water pressure drops the pump should come back on, You said Galleria and I have a Galleria. the on switch for the water pump is at the rear door. You only turn it on after you have filled the water holding tank and off when using city water.

Anything other than what I have told you can be a problem. If you are having issues in keeping the water pressure up and don't want the Water pump to work so hard you add an Accumulator (But this is something you would add only if needed) which holds water pressure longer so the pump want have to work so hard.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
galleria, intermittent, water pump