Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: New company using Dodge ProMaster van - Eko

Advanced RV as far as I know is doing OK. I get their newsletter every month. They have been doing some custom work on some friends of mine's Bs like screen doors, cabinetry modifications, etc. Mostly ERA owners. Another B couple I know with an older Sprinter home-built custom design was featured in their latest video of moving everything stored in their Sprinter into an Ocean One. Of course everything fit.

A new Advanced RV B owner has been and is documenting his experience on Sprinter-Source.com
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Old 11-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #22
Platinum Member

I've read some good things about Advanced RV, mainly because they make good models and can do "finishing touches" on other people's work. For example, I read about they are a place to go to for screens for the doors, which are common with GWVs, but not many other models.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

I was sort of aware of the after market mods they were doing for other makes. It's nice that they are able to provide that functionality for their peers, but I'd be concerned that it's hard to make ends meet if that's becoming your primary source of cash flow. What are their new and used vehicle sales like, I wonder? Hard to maintain a van conversion and sales business model, doing screen doors and interior upgrades for other makes.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #24
Platinum Member

I like most things about the Eko except for the crossways bed in the back. That is what I have now and after two episodes of frozen shoulder, one past & one present, I'd much prefer and appreciate the option of individual sleeping spaces offered by dual twin bed setups. Crawling over your companion to get out of bed is fun when you're fit but very difficult if you are not 100%. Yes, I know you could make up a second bed in the Eko. Nice option by the way but it would be even better to keep that for rare guest occasions and have the twin beds / optional king bed in the rear. With seating for four up front why not have the best bed options available in the rear?

The Eko and Travato are the first two Class B's on the Dodge ProMaster chassis and are very innovative. There are exciting times ahead in the Class B universe
Old 11-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
Platinum Member

I've seen come European campervans with the twin beds that can be either joined to make one bed, left as twins, or folded up for more space for bicycles. If US builders can get used to the cassette toilet idea, it gives them a lot more freedom for floorplan designs.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22
I've seen come European campervans with the twin beds that can be either joined to make one bed, left as twins, or folded up for more space for bicycles. If US builders can get used to the cassette toilet idea, it gives them a lot more freedom for floorplan designs.
Not just the Europeans. Many of the older class B's had the "walk through" twin bed, dining area layout, that could be filled it with panels, tables, etc. Most then switched to a C shaped dinette with twin beds that are connected at the head end, with or without a nightstand. They could also be changed to a single big bed. That layout gave more room in the back for underbed storage, and nobody came in the back doors anyway. The power sofa is the latest version, and it eliminates the twin bed option, except you can make a C shaped bed, by leaving the aisle panel out, on many setups. Many did, and many still do, have a passthrough for long, but not tall objects. On many of the B's that used a cassette toilet, it was put right at the rear doors for easy access for dumping, so those were front sleepers.

I use a full size, folding, mountain bike, which fits under the full time bed we built easily. It only uses about 1/3 or less of the space there. DW doesn't ride, so we only need one. I did a bunch of experimenting before I got the folder, and there are quite a few ways to haul bikes inside, as long as you are willing to leave them outside once you are camped. That would include a twin bed, walk through style, or course. When we had the power sofa still in place, I found it plenty easy to put it down, put a sheet of plastic over it and lay my roadbike on it flat. It traveled fine that way, but I didn't like having it outside all the time, for lots of obvious reasons, so I got the folder once we had enough room under the bed. You can also haul them in the aisle, especially if you use a front fork mount on the floor to hold them up.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22
If US builders can get used to the cassette toilet idea, it gives them a lot more freedom for floorplan designs.
Shouldn't that be customers? Builders should be responding to the market. I doubt many would want to deal with a cassette when dumping through hoses is easier and cleaner to deal with. That has even changed over the years. RVs used to have single tanks but having separate gray and black tanks have made dumping a bit more sanitary in operation. My vintage 1971 Airstream trailer had the single tank.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #28
Platinum Member

When I first shopped for Class Bs in 2005 I think the majority of the primary design offerings were twin beds. The convertible electric sofas were quickly taking over. In talking to the dealers, they only pre-ordered for spec sale the convertible sofas and sold twin beds only on customer orders. Mid beds were also popular back then but quickly died out. I think too they were a casualty of the convertible sofa design in the back. It just seemed too enticing with the multi-function of living room, bedroom and carrying passengers properly faced forward with seat belts.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #29
Platinum Member

They must be really busy building RVs. I sent them a couple of simple questions a week ago via their "contact us" page (GVW after conversion, and are they planning on offering a diesel chassis model?), and have yet to get a reply. I'm downgrading their customer service rating, as a result.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #30
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
They must be really busy building RVs. I sent them a couple of simple questions a week ago via their "contact us" page (GVW after conversion, and are they planning on offering a diesel chassis model?), and have yet to get a reply. I'm downgrading their customer service rating, as a result.
You talking about EKO or Advanced?

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
Old 11-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #31
Platinum Member

EKO. I'm assuming they are in a state of chaos, as this is a new company just starting up, but it's still not good business to appear to ignore an email question from a potential client. I've seen so many companies over the years make the same mistake, and it always puzzles me. If you're not going to monitor your "contact us" email account, then don't publish one, or have a "contact us" form page. It just makes you look bad, or disorganized, at best.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #32
Platinum Member

Mike if I was you, I'd send another email. I know one of the other folks that's commented in this thread has been able to get hold of them, and got several question answered.....
And you are right, new company, new van design, different business plan = chaos

Old 11-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Nah, not worth the effort. I just wanted to know the converted weight of their unit, and whether they have plans to offer a diesel chassis version. I was mostly concerned that if these things are loaded to the max, making them too heavy for the chassis and power train, any fuel economy savings from the base chassis specs may be lost. I'm more interested in whether the diesel chassis has been considered by any converter yet, Winnebago included for their Trend and Viva models. I haven't seen it mentioned in a production model yet.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #34
Platinum Member

My focus is back to the M-B Sprinter and its new 4 cylinder diesel engine. I've been reading about fantastic mileage reports greater than the earlier 2002-2007 Sprinter models. If that setup is viable for a B then I could care less about the ProMaster. Still need to see the Ford Transit possibilities.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #35
Platinum Member

The reason Winnebago is using the Promaster is the reason we all predicted. Lower base chassis costs, which allows a lower MSRP. The Trend and Viva are around $88K-$89K on the Promaster chassis. The closest View floor plan (24J) is priced around $14K more. Some of that price difference may be the slide technology used in the View, but I'm not sure it would account for that large a difference. The Sprinter chassis is the only major difference beyond the slide that I can see. Probably more OCCC with the 6 cylinder diesel Sprinter.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #36
Platinum Member

According to my Winnebago factory contact, don't plan on any diesel B or C chassis in their units for the 2014 model year on the Promaster.
Now 2015, that's a whole different story???

Old 01-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Compare:

http://www.eko-motorhomes.com/interior-photos/
(photos are here also https://www.equitynet.com/c/eko-usa-inc )

and the Autocruise Accent (Autocruise is mentioned in the Equitynet writeup)

http://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/motorhomes/ ... rettyPhoto

if you "flip" the photos

This post is just an observation by me. Nothing is inferred or implied. As noted above Autocruise is mentioned in the writeup on Equitynet https://www.equitynet.com/c/eko-usa-inc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Autocruise Accent.jpg (95.0 KB, 1685 views)
File Type: jpg Autocruise Accent washroom.jpg (30.8 KB, 1684 views)
File Type: jpg flipped photo Autocruise Accent.jpg (95.6 KB, 1684 views)
File Type: jpg flipped photo - Autocruise Accent washroom.jpg (30.5 KB, 1684 views)
Old 01-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #38
Platinum Member

So is Eko a real product yet? Those Eko photos seem to be doctored Autocruise photos.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #39
Platinum Member

a web search turns up this link: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-b ... 69246.html
Old 01-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Here is your Google satellite photo of the Eko USA address. Look just like the factory, no?

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q= ... 2431&fid=7
Closed Thread