Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #1

Default Pleasure Way with 6.8 V10 gas comsumption?

Is anyone driving a PW with the V10? What is your gas consumption?

Thx
bushpilotmexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hopefully some PW owners will add their comments here.

I saw some info on Sportsmobile's site that looks about right:

http://www.sportsmobile.com/5_capacities.html

markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 AM   #3

I'm buying a new 2007 Excell TS and it happens to have the V10 engine as an option.....was just wondering if it would be a one way trip to the poor house?

Up until a year ago I owned a 38' 95 Newmar Mountain Aire with the Ford 460 engine and Banks power pack system. Towing a Malibu behind I used to average 7 to 8 mpg.

I know the V10 will be thirsty but I never drive more than 55 to 60 mph and thought the advantage of the bigger engine would be that it wouldn't be working as hard which might mean decent gas consumption?

Do you know if Banks makes a power pack system for the V10 in the Pleasure way?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:33 AM   #4
Platinum Member

At 55 to 60 mph you'll probably do better than the 12 mpg noted above. Maybe as high as 14-15 mpg.

I don't know if banks makes a kit for the Ford van. I've never read of anyone having one installed on a Class B Van.

You'll probably be pleasantly surprised at the power you'll have with your unit.

My '04 6L Chevy RT had lots of power. It was a real treat to drive.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
At 55 to 60 mph you'll probably do better than the 12 mpg noted above. Maybe as high as 14-15 mpg.

I don't know if banks makes a kit for the Ford van. I've never read of anyone having one installed on a Class B Van.

You'll probably be pleasantly surprised at the power you'll have with your unit.

My '04 6L Chevy RT had lots of power. It was a real treat to drive.

I called Pleasure Way today to get the info right from the horses mouth. Dean said that in 2007 they only manufactured one unit with the V10 and that was a special order from a dealer. He felt that perhaps the customer was planing to do some heavy hauling.

Pleasure way doesn't recommend the V10 because of fuel consumption and they basically said to stick with the V8.

That's probably why I haven't received any replies to my posting? I owned a 95 RoadTrek for a couple of years....can't remember what it had for an engine but probably a V8. I used to get 17 to 19 mpg and can't recall never having enough power.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #6

Interstingly enough I just found out for 2008 most, if not all, the PW Excels shipped to the USA will have the 6.8L V10....try and figure that one out?

I decided to buy one with the V8. The V10 is definitely designed for hauling because the transmission has the haul/cruise option.