Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2021, 07:15 AM   #21
Bronze Member

My 1997 Roadtrek was totaled in Dec 2020. I felt they under-valued the actual value and pointed out several evidences to show the real value, but they don't have to listen.

I have Safeco/Liberty Mutual insurance. They and several other companies use a licensed software product called CCC to produce their valuation reports. There are several state and class action lawsuits against insurance companies that use the CCC software, specifically charging that their appraisal method (using CCC) often undervalues totaled vehicles. Go and google it. I will make sure my next insurance company does not use CCC reports for their valuations/comparisons.

Currently I have invoked the arbitrator clause in my contract, which means I find and pay an arbitrator, the insurance company gets their arbitrator, they discuss then go to an umpire (another appraiser) who decides the final amount. So I am out of the picture now and it will be up to the arbitrators.
Bert M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:17 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert M View Post
My 1997 Roadtrek was totaled in Dec 2020. I felt they under-valued the actual value and pointed out several evidences to show the real value, but they don't have to listen.

I have Safeco/Liberty Mutual insurance. They and several other companies use a licensed software product called CCC to produce their valuation reports. There are several state and class action lawsuits against insurance companies that use the CCC software, specifically charging that their appraisal method (using CCC) often undervalues totaled vehicles. Go and google it. I will make sure my next insurance company does not use CCC reports for their valuations/comparisons.

Currently I have invoked the arbitrator clause in my contract, which means I find and pay an arbitrator, the insurance company gets their arbitrator, they discuss then go to an umpire (another appraiser) who decides the final amount. So I am out of the picture now and it will be up to the arbitrators.
Hopefully your state is doing what Massachusetts is doing!! https://www.wbur.org/bostonomix/2019...sal-source-one There have been many lawsuits against CCC Information Services. They can be beaten!!! But you need a good lawyer. https://blogs.lawyers.com/attorney/p...e-hints-12990/.
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:36 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Insurance is regulated by each State so your experience will vary from State to State. I recommend you call your State insurance regulator and find out how many complaints each insurer you are considering has had over the last couple of years.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote