Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2024, 01:22 AM   #1

Default Falcon Sleeper Insulation

Hi folks, I recently purchased an ‘88 Econoline Falcon that was converted by Intervec, and am wanting to add some insulation to the upper sleeper area around the windows. Has anyone done this before, and how did you do it? The model I have doesn’t have frames around the upper front windows, and I’m having a hard time envisioning how to insulate it in a way that looks finished and nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9240E39D-1C71-44E0-BD99-0880AC0DEA67.jpg (264.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg C3A6B62A-7879-47DB-BA5A-87D5D94276EA.jpg (273.2 KB, 12 views)
migratorystories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 09:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Gorgeous Falcon! Probably not the answer you're hoping for, but since no one else is chiming in... Have you considered deleting the front upper windows by covering them from the inside? You'd leave the windows installed for the appearance factor as viewed from the outside, but simply cover them insulate over them and cover them from the inside.

Also, I personally have found that trying to thoroughly insulate an old van is almost a futile project. Of course, you'd want to hit the big areas on walls and on top, but there are so many areas that we can't reach easily, that I find efforts better spent on good ventilation for summer and a good propane heater for winter.

I hope someone else in here will have better advice for you, but there's my opinion, just in case.
The Eyesore is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
falcon, insulation, intervec, sleeper, windows