Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2024, 12:36 AM   #1

Default RT 210 water problems

Dewinterized my 210 and now I have minimal water pressure and the pump runs constantly. City water hook up all is good. Final stage of the dewinterizing its seems I develop an air pocket in the water system and had no water with the pump running. Filled both water tanks and I did get a lite flow of water and the pump runs constantly. Ideas suggestions please. Thanks
JGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 06:46 PM   #2
Gold Member

From experience, check the pump inlet filter for clogging - if there is one.

It takes a while to file the empty water heater with the pump. This has caused me worry several times, until the pump tone changes and water starts flowing.

If winterizing without antifreeze, it is important to run the pump a few seconds after all draining and blowing out the lines. (Also the macerator).
GroupB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 04:34 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I've had a similar situation when recharghing the water system after just blowing out the lines to winterize our 210. Air is everywhere in the system.

I connect city water and run water everywhere, cold and hot individually, at each location, until no air is expelled. After this the pump has acted normally.

kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, and outside shower.
Old 05-26-2024, 04:42 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtreker357 View Post
I've had a similar situation when recharghing the water system after just blowing out the lines to winterize our 210. Air is everywhere in the system.

I connect city water and run water everywhere, cold and hot individually, at each location, until no air is expelled. After this the pump has acted normally.

kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, and outside shower.

Yes, having the city water on and run through everything often helps, especially as the pumps age and don't lift as well.

Sometimes you also might need to open the shore inlet tank fill valve to purge air from the inlet to the tank, but some seem to bleed themselves OK.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 01:26 AM   #5

Thank you all for the great advice. Water flow will be the project this week!
Old 05-27-2024, 01:37 PM   #6

I had similar problems. I replaced the pump with a self priming pump. I got one on Amazon for about 90.00. I also had problems with the valve near the city water fil. This valve when open will fill the fresh water tanks. Mine was not shutting off fully. This was my water leak and pressure would drop off causing the pump to cycle every 90 seconds or so. It was a bear to replace. Now pressure holds up for days without the pump off
MyPoplar210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 01:52 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPoplar210 View Post
I had similar problems. I replaced the pump with a self priming pump. I got one on Amazon for about 90.00. I also had problems with the valve near the city water fil. This valve when open will fill the fresh water tanks. Mine was not shutting off fully. This was my water leak and pressure would drop off causing the pump to cycle every 90 seconds or so. It was a bear to replace. Now pressure holds up for days without the pump off

We had the same issue on our 07 Roadtrek that developed the non shutting off tank fill valve. They must have gotten some bad ones back then.

All the RV pumps are self priming, but when they get older the valves and check valves start to leak a bit so they lose the pressure over a short time. We also had that and replaced the pump with a variable flow Flotec pump that has worked well for many years no. It is also not noisy like the original.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 10:59 PM   #8

Interesting. Might you have the link or brand for the pump you purchased from Amazon? Thanks very much
Old 05-28-2024, 12:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGreen View Post
Interesting. Might you have the link or brand for the pump you purchased from Amazon? Thanks very much
This is the pump I am using. There are many options. Search RV water pump

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
MyPoplar210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #10

Quick follow up. Thanks to all for the suggestions. I did hook up to city water and opened all water. Problem cured. I’m learning. Great community to be with.