Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2021, 03:31 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default Connecting mascerater hose to sewer

Hi all,

My mascerater hose just has a nozzle on the end. Where can I get the proper threaded piece that will allow me to hook up to my campsite sewer or dumpsite sewer?

Thanks
Marie
organize4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Marie, you can buy this on Amazon with several vendors at various prices. This appears to be the least expensive.

https://autoplicity.com/9071893-valt...Ano%20category
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #3
Gold Member

Thank you. I did see some but wasn't sure which was the right one. Appreciate the link.
M
Old 07-03-2021, 02:08 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Advanced RV supplies a quarter turn close off end with screw on 3” and 4” attachments along with a plug option that was referenced above. I haven’t checked where they get them as I haven’t needed to.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:08 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Marie, I recommended the one I linked because I think your profile said you had a 2008 Roadtrek 190. This is the one I prefer for my 2007 roadtrek 210. Threads on dump stations are often stripped and this model seems to work fine in those situations. Also, it doesn’t take up a lot of room.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:32 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Advanced RV supplies a quarter turn close off end with screw on 3” and 4” attachments along with a plug option that was referenced above. I haven’t checked where they get them as I haven’t needed to.
This is a good point. While the linked end-piece above is a good price, you need some way to screw on a cap (which is what mine has) or a shut off valve (like David references) to keep the end of the hose from leaking in your storage compartment.

I have a good used end piece like this: https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-7040...330555&sr=8-22

It is lightweight and caps easily with a standard garden hose cap. These are very expensive (no price on the one in the link below). I've also seen the .50 cent cap which they ridiculously sell for $19.37 (see the top of the above link) so don't be fooled into thinking you get the whole thing for that price.

It fits a standard Thetford hose (1-/4"or 1/2" - I don't recall for sure). I will send it to you for just shipping if you're interested and think it will fit your hose.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:59 AM   #7
Gold Member

Rowiebowie, this is what my hose end looks like.
Marie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210704_194607.jpg (125.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-05-2021, 01:04 AM   #8
Site Team

I prefer the "little cap" method of sealing the end over the ball valve approach.
I realize that we are talking about 100% vs 99.9% sealed, but in this particular case, I rather appreciate having that last .1%.

Of course, one could do both.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:14 AM   #9
Platinum Member

I think this is what ARV uses. The brand is Clean Dump. I got this off Amazon. One end is attached to the macerator and this is the discharge valve. Ours has a 3” and 4” optional screw on discharge end and a rubber cone when you encounter odd dumps. The quarter turn ball valve never leaked and when you dump black tank followed by grey tank you get grey water in the hose. You close the dump valves. “Walk” most of the grey water out of the hose. Close the discharge valve and store away in an exterior compartment. There is no mess. You never see the discharge. It is almost a clean operation other than the hose on the ground can pick up other people’s messes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F49A62E5-436D-4F1E-A8D2-9548265430AC.jpg (119.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 7B362FFB-D2E0-48AD-8B56-EABBDFD507BF.jpg (229.8 KB, 10 views)
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:34 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by organize4u View Post
Rowiebowie, this is what my hose end looks like.
Marie
To use my piece would have to replace your entire end by clamping directly to the end of your hose. It's 90 degree bend and it's 4" to 3" to 1" cone would need more room to store than you current setup, but no more space than carrying 4" & 3"adapters (which you'd no longer need). The most important thing would be to determine if it would fit your current hose.

I measured my piece and the outside diameter is 1" with an inside diameter of 3/4" (threaded same as a typical garden hose & the same on the final end). It just dawned on me how much restriction takes place at each end of my macerator elbow. Works fine though and I've even attached a 3/4" garden hose to reach my home sewer clean-out almost 25 feet away.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #11
Gold Member

RB, I don't think yours will work as the circumference of my hose is 4.5 inches. I think the one that Davyd recommends should work. I also looked at the one Doneworking linked to. My only question with that one is if my hose will fit the end piece or does it somehow attach to the ball cock. If not, would need a way to "turn it off" or "cap off" to prevent leaks in storage compartment.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:56 PM   #12
Platinum Member

I chose to connect my SaniCon hose to the hose coming from the macerator with quick connect/disconnecty fittings, for these reasons:
-No more loop of hose between the Roadtrek 210 drawer and frame
-Easy to disconnect the hose and walk it down to remove water
-With a second SaniCon hose having male and female fittings already installed, I can either quickly lengthen my hose if needed or replace the existing hose if it has a catastrophic failure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0847.jpg (260.2 KB, 18 views)
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:21 PM   #13
Gold Member

I'm sorry but I still don't understand how my hose (4.5 " circumfrence) will attach to any of the suggested devices that I need to connect to campground sewer.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:03 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm sorry but I still don't understand how my hose (4.5 " circumfrence) will attach to any of the suggested devices that I need to connect to campground sewer.
Tubing and pipes are generally listed by inside diameter. If you can get that measurement, it should tell you what will work.

I have even gone so far as to cut a small 1/2" or inch ring from the end of a hose to take it to a store to match. I've never missed that small amount, and I could try fittings in hardware store to determine what will fit.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:16 AM   #15
Gold Member

Quote:
Hi Organize4u, can you confirm that you actually mean circumference? That is the length of a piece of string you wrap around the outside of the hose? Or do you mean diameter, the outside distance *across* the hose? A 4.5” circumference hose is 1.5” outside diameter, which is about right for a thetford macerator hose. A full-size sewer hose is closer to 4.5” in diameter, not circumference, and it would be very unusual to use this large a hose with a macerator. The whole idea of a macerator is to chop everything up and pump it through a narrower hose.
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #16
Bronze Member

Default Just dump occasionally

Quote:
Hi all,

My mascerater hose just has a nozzle on the end. Where can I get the proper threaded piece that will allow me to hook up to my campsite sewer or dumpsite sewer?

Thanks
Marie
There is really no need to connect a sewer hose - in fact - it's not even recommended. There is a better chance of a clogged hose when sewage trickles into the line as opposed to dumping all at once.
Just dump it when it's full and don't worry about connecting.
shelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #17
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelw View Post
There is really no need to connect a sewer hose - in fact - it's not even recommended. There is a better chance of a clogged hose when sewage trickles into the line as opposed to dumping all at once.
Just dump it when it's full and don't worry about connecting.
For stays longer than a few days, when we have our ebikes for local transportation, I tend to leave macerator hose installed and if possible screwed into the RV park sewer inlet. You are right that you don’t want to leave your RV valves open, but I go out and empty once every day or two depending on how full the grey and black tanks are. Then close the valves again but leave the hose installed. This means I’m not needlessly unpacking and repacking the sewer hose.

Regarding attachment to the site inlet, the Sur-flo macerator pump I have produces quite a bit of pressure. The flow of ‘water’ is potentially strong enough to push the adapter right out, and would spew muck all over the place. So if I can’t attach it, I lay a rock or something else heavy on it (like my foot for the first few minutes) to keep it in place.

By the way, some states, and some RV parks have a rule that you need a positive hose connection to the site sewer inlet, to prevent odours and seepage in your neighbour’s patio area.
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:29 AM   #18
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertiboo View Post
By the way, some states, and some RV parks have a rule that you need a positive hose connection to the site sewer inlet, to prevent odours and seepage in your neighbour’s patio area.
Good point. In some private campgrounds, your dump is closer to your neighbor's patio than to yours.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:32 PM   #19
Gold Member

Bertiboo, yes it is the circumference. RowieBowie, can I call u? Here is my email, organize4u@prodigy.net. Thanks.