Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2014, 08:52 AM   #1

Default 1999 Rialta HD For Sale

Hi Rialta Forum Folks and fellow Rialta enhusiasts at http://www.rialtainfo.com/,
Looks like our much-loved Rialta HD is going to be for sale. We have decided to buy a heavy-duty rig for live-aboard-long-distance-cruising and towing, and so we will no longer need our trusty 1999 Rialta HD (queen bed) model.

Sleeps two very comfortably in the rear queen bed; when configured for dinner guests, seats 4 at the rear dinette table and three at the forward table - seven diners in all! Great fun. And all seats are very comfortable to sit in. The Rialta HD model has a three-burner propane stove with oven, and has the larger version of the NorCold refrigerator as well, so you can actually manage seven guests for dinner with the galley that this rig has. A microwave oven is also installed, so you have all the weapons you need to feed your crew.

Recent preventive maintenance service includes new brakes and brake flush, new automatic transmission control module (works excellently), belts and hoses inspection and replacement as needed, and so on. We drive this rig on trans-continental commutes twice a year so we have kept it in good shape. It drives very well and cools itself very well. We monitor temps and engine signal codes with our aftermarket ScanGauge and will include that unit in the Rialta package. The ScanGauge is REALLY nice to have; I would not drive an RV cross-country without one. Knowing that things are 'in the green' and being monitored carefully by the ScanGauge gives me peace of mind when traveling.

Engine runs perfectly - I LOVE the VW VR6 engine! - and burns no oil and leaks no oil.
- MPG is very good; we like secondary roads like US highways when we travel, and avoid the interstate highways when possible - so, as a result, I am usually cruising down the secondary roads at about 58 miles per hour and getting 18.3 MPG, sometimes a smidge better. This has been very consistent.
-Smooth transmission shifts, due in part to very careful attention to having a new transmission controller installed and then adjusted properly for silky smooth shifting
- Optional VW-supplied transmission cooler installed and functioniong (and I like it a lot; we can monitor tranny temps with the ScanGauge and KNOW that we are well within normal operating limits)
- AC, furnace, fans, hot water tank all work perfectly
- Pressure water works perfectly and no leaks
- Holding tanks function properly
- Microwave and galley propane 3-burner stove and oven all work perfectly
- Norcold 3-way frig works as designed (best on 110AC or propane, but does a pretty good job on 12 VDC as well)
- Roof-mounted aftermarket solar panel tops off batteries each day
- All lights and turn signals and cabin lights and such work perfectly
- Carbon monoxide detector and propane gas detector
- Tires are all perfectly matched to the Rialta spces and are in very good condition.
- Rear suspension has air bags for assistance in leveling, if needed.
- Trailer hitch factory package is installed on our Rialta. This is suitable for light-to-moderate towing only; you cannot safely tow a Jeep or somesuch behind the Rialta, as far as I know.

The only thing that does not run perfectly at the moment is the generator, an Onan. and that is probably because I do not use it enough. Last time I used it was to provide electric 110 AC when our neighborhood lost grid power for two days due to severe weather 18 or so months ago. We loaded our food into the Rialta frig (which is quite large on this model Rialta) and used the generator to keep our food from spoiling. It worked perfectly then! I just learned last week that you are supposed to start the generator each week and run it for thirty minutes (!) - yikes, I have not done that regularly at all. So, either you buy the Rialta and have the generator serviced, or I will do my best to get it serviced, and the asking price will go up some. Best for me is if you are a bit of a handyman and would like to tweak it back to good health on your own or with your preferred service technician. My suspicion is that ethanol-laced fuel has gummed up the carburetor (very common since the introduction of water-loving ethanol to our gasoline supplies). We are also boaters and we have this gummy carburetor problem regularly on our small carbureted Honda outboard motor UNLESS we can find ethanol-free fuel to burn in the outboard, in which case we have no problems at all.

There are no bank liens or mechanic liens on this 1999 Rialta. We have a clear Florida title.

So, if you are interested, drop me a line at my email address soarbooks@gmail.com. Thanks for reading.

Bob & Leslie Wander
Rialta HD 'Rover'
email: soarbooks@gmail.com

PS: Our Rialta is currently located in Cape Coral / Fort Myers area of southwest Florida.
-End

soarbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

It would be best to state milage and price you are asking.

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #3

Response to request for mileage and price:

1. Odometer shows approximately 136,000 miles.

2. Asking $24,500

We have now purchased a larger RV and our 1999 Rialta HD is now 'on the block.' I have assembled a .pdf document containing pictures of our happy camper and will be happy to send it to those who inquire about or rig.

Other notes: Additional maintenance items we have performed that were not mentioned in the original post include replacement of the coil pack (the old one was a bit warped), spark plug wires, fuel injectors, and of course all filters - oil, air, fuel, etc. Just got back from a 600 mile roundtrip to Florida state parks and such and our rig drove like a dream. Questions? Post them here or send an email to soarbooks@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Bob Wander

Old 02-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #4

Thanks everyone, our 1999 HD model has sold.