Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular in AZ

Great opportunity to own a classic small motorhome in immaculate condition. Used very little by a solo senior traveler and carefully reconditioned to near-new condition. Originally owned by my mother, who is no longer able to travel.

Reliable Chevy Express 3500 chassis with 6.0L V8 and 6 speed automatic with tow/haul and manual mode, 18 mpg highway. Only 12,600 miles and recently serviced with full synthetic oil. Tows up to 8200# with hitch and wiring.

Seats 4 and sleeps 2 in twin or king bed configuration. Complete galley with 3-way fridge, recessed 2-burner stove, recessed sink, and microwave. Fully enclosed wet bath with toilet and shower. Dual 6V batteries (new) with 750W inverter/charger. Air conditioner with heat strip, Fantastic Fan, and propane furnace. TV with antenna and DVD player. Power awning by Carefree of Colorado. Outside shower for pets or quick clean-ups.

Ready for your summer road trip. Needs nothing. Located in the White Mountains of east-central Arizona.

$62,500 OBO
Additional photos on Craigslist: 2014 Roadtrek 190 Popular
For quickest response, please contact me by e-mail or text through the Craigslist ad.

IMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg
Old 05-07-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Jon,
Looks like a sweet rig. Hope it finds an appreciative new owner.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Thank you! If we were a few years closer to retirement, I think we’d seriously consider keeping this camper. One thing I’ve learned, though, is they don’t like to sit around. I hope this will find someone who will give it the use it deserves.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:20 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Jon. Nice rig and you have it priced right. A little below the best prices I've seen on similar Roadtreks.

I was hoping you'd be able to use it yourself, but I agree with your decision. If it's not a good time, it's best to pass it on to someone else rather than have it sit again.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Thanks, Rowiebowie!

Might be worth mentioning for those with allergies this is a no smoking, no pets unit.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:07 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Default Off the market

Update... lots of nibbles and a couple of lowball offers but no bites. The Craigslist ad expired, and after lots of discussion we have decided to keep it.

We took a fly-in car trip through eastern Canada last month. Saw lots of Class B’s, and my wife now wants to try out this camper for a tour of the PNW coast, Vancouver and Victoria, and the Canadian Rockies. Our empty nest years are approaching and we would like to travel more widely, rather than the short trips to nearby locations we’ve done for years with the kids and travel trailer.

In the meantime, to keep it from sitting and to master the operational ins and outs, we’re going to use it as a tow vehicle with our little Scamp for shorter trips close to home.

THIS UNIT IS NO LONGER FOR SALE.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Default I think you made a wise decision to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Update... lots of nibbles and a couple of lowball offers but no bites. The Craigslist ad expired, and after lots of discussion we have decided to keep it.

We took a fly-in car trip through eastern Canada last month. Saw lots of Class B’s, and my wife now wants to try out this camper for a tour of the PNW coast, Vancouver and Victoria, and the Canadian Rockies. Our empty nest years are approaching and we would like to travel more widely, rather than the short trips to nearby locations we’ve done for years with the kids and travel trailer.

In the meantime, to keep it from sitting and to master the operational ins and outs, we’re going to use it as a tow vehicle with our little Scamp for shorter trips close to home.

THIS UNIT IS NO LONGER FOR SALE.
A few years ago we sold our 2014 Teardrop trailer and had a similar experience with ridiculous low ball nibbles, scammers on Craigslist saying they were out of town and wanted a third party to handle the transaction for them....big red flag.....

We finally sold it through a reputable dealer who took it on consignment and we agreed on a sales price, but, you have to be very careful.

You have a beautiful RV; you might as well keep it. You know when people think you're interested in selling, they always want to offer the "lowest price".

If you keep it long enough and in great condition someday someone will be offering you a premium price to buy your rig...I know it happened to us with a 19 years old car that was in remarkable condition. Just keep it up and enjoy .
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #8
Site Team

Yes, it does often take a few months to find the right buyer, even in a "hot" market. If and when you decide to sell it, just set up the listings, filter the nonsense, and sit back and wait.

Glad you decided to keep it, though.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:15 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Thanks! No scammers, but a couple of dealers made low cash offers, as you would expect. I’m in a position where I don’t have to sell and had a clear minimum price in my mind, which was not met.

I did consider consigning with a dealer in Phoenix,, but decided not to go that route unless I get to a point where I feel I really need to sell it.

Looks like I’ll be hanging out with you fine folks for a while!