Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2024, 06:20 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default FREE--New toilet never used and new Chevy spare tire on wheel

Both are too big to ship decently, especially the wheel so pickup and they are free.

Toilet is Thetford, new but I did install and found it was too high compared to the original in our 07 Roadtrek 190P. DWs feet didn't reach the floor as she is under 5" tall. When I bought it, it was listed as the old part number like ours had in it, so it was assumed it would be the same. Turns ou the listing was wrong and it was a newer model.

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Magic%C2...d_i=B0B8L8KNCM
We have nothing in it as the vendor didn't want it back and gave full credit so free is good. I hate to throw it out as it is brand new.

Also free is our spare tire from the 190P. We have the larger tires on our RT, so the spare has been smaller for a long time to fit the stock carrier. We also upgraded to the 10" rear axle with a locking differential, so mismatched tires on the rear would likely break the locker. That would require changing tires twice to put a front wheel on the back to fix a flat and then putting the spare on the front.

I modified the carrier so and got a wider wheel and a bigger tire so now we are the same all the way around.

This is an original Chevy steel wheel that has never seen salt as our van has never seen salt and has never even been on the ground. No rust at all. Tire is a low price 245-75-16 load range E that is balanced and has a steel high pressure valve stem and about 3 years old. Stored inside so no sun on the spare to speak of.

We are located in a northern suburb of Minneapolis and relatively close to interstate 35W and also 94. We are around most of the time except when traveling which is usually 3 weeks in the spring and a week in the fall, but can vary.

booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:32 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Both are too big to ship decently, especially the wheel so pickup and they are free.

Toilet is Thetford, new but I did install and found it was too high compared to the original in our 07 Roadtrek 190P. DWs feet didn't reach the floor as she is under 5" tall. When I bought it, it was listed as the old part number like ours had in it, so it was assumed it would be the same. Turns ou the listing was wrong and it was a newer model.

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Magic%C2...d_i=B0B8L8KNCM
We have nothing in it as the vendor didn't want it back and gave full credit so free is good. I hate to throw it out as it is brand new.

Also free is our spare tire from the 190P. We have the larger tires on our RT, so the spare has been smaller for a long time to fit the stock carrier. We also upgraded to the 10" rear axle with a locking differential, so mismatched tires on the rear would likely break the locker. That would require changing tires twice to put a front wheel on the back to fix a flat and then putting the spare on the front.

I modified the carrier so and got a wider wheel and a bigger tire so now we are the same all the way around.

This is an original Chevy steel wheel that has never seen salt as our van has never seen salt and has never even been on the ground. No rust at all. Tire is a low price 245-75-16 load range E that is balanced and has a steel high pressure valve stem and about 3 years old. Stored inside so no sun on the spare to speak of.

We are located in a northern suburb of Minneapolis and relatively close to interstate 35W and also 94. We are around most of the time except when traveling which is usually 3 weeks in the spring and a week in the fall, but can vary.

Booster
Do you have any takers on the spare tire? We own a 2008 Chevy 190p 3500. It was purchased used and has issues which are being addressed. We live in northern Illinois and our next trip is checking out the solar eclipse near Terre Haute, Indiana. Both the wife and I are retired giving us time to do whatever comes up.
I’m definitely interested in the tire and rim. Let me know your thoughts… Thanks Chet
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:46 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet View Post
Booster
Do you have any takers on the spare tire? We own a 2008 Chevy 190p 3500. It was purchased used and has issues which are being addressed. We live in northern Illinois and our next trip is checking out the solar eclipse near Terre Haute, Indiana. Both the wife and I are retired giving us time to do whatever comes up.
I’m definitely interested in the tire and rim. Let me know your thoughts… Thanks Chet

Yep, it is still here and if you want it you can have it. We can hold onto it for a while but would like to get rid of it sooner rather than later as it does eat up space in my garage. Just let me know when you want to come by to get it.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:07 PM   #4
Bronze Member

How does April 12th sound for you? If that works for you I’ll send you my cell for address
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 08:31 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet View Post
How does April 12th sound for you? If that works for you I’ll send you my cell for address

That looks alright with nothing going on, so unless some surprise happens should be good.

Private message me and we can swap details to keep emails and phone numbers off the accessible places.
Old 04-04-2024, 09:31 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Chet will be picking up the free tire and wheel on April 12 and has graciously offered to move the free toilet to Illinois at the same time if someone in the area is interested in it.
Old 04-17-2024, 05:31 PM   #7
Gold Member

I bought the exact same toilet last July, and the other day, I commented to my wife that I almost prefer it to the toilet at home.
The Eyesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:54 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eyesore View Post
I bought the exact same toilet last July, and the other day, I commented to my wife that I almost prefer it to the toilet at home.

You are probably a lot taller/longer legged than we are, if you have a Roadtrek like ours where the toilet sits on an about 4" rise above the floor where you feet have to hit. Mine at 5' 7" would just barely touch the toes and hers at 4' 11" dangled. If it were on a flat floor it would have been fine.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:03 PM   #9
Gold Member

Not a roadtrek, but ours is also elevated. Originally, I ordered the tall version, thinking it would be better, and then I did a mock-up before installing it, and even my legs were dangling, and I am 6 feet tall. Lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5060.jpg (186.1 KB, 3 views)
The Eyesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:30 PM   #10
Site Team

Many RV toilets are raised because they sit on top of the black tank. This is a good design, since it utilizes otherwise wasted space and is also one fewer tank to keep from freezing in the winter.

I know nothing about that particular toilet, but most of them come in "tall" and "short" versions.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:03 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Many RV toilets are raised because they sit on top of the black tank. This is a good design, since it utilizes otherwise wasted space and is also one fewer tank to keep from freezing in the winter.

I know nothing about that particular toilet, but most of them come in "tall" and "short" versions.

Yep, and the later Chevy models are kind of a messed up version of that. They used to have an intermediate tank between the toilet and the real tank, IIRC, so there were two flush handles. I don't know why it would be that way, though. That is probably why it is raised so much. That intermediate tanks in not used anymore so it is a small storage area that it is good for toilet paper.

Our original toilet and the replacement that is listed were both considered the short version by Thetford, but they are nearly two inches different in "sit height" and the valve connection is higher also making for a tough water connection in a Roadtrek. I can't imagine how high the tall one would be.