Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2023, 11:15 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Lifeline GPL-4CT batteries for sale

I have 4 used Lifeline 6v GC batteries available if anyone wants them cheap compared to new.

They are 7-8 years old, but this spring they capacity tested at full capacity, which is a bit lower than they did when installed new but right where Lifeline says "used" batteries should be. They have only been charged with top end equipment to amps based true 100% full, and that is why they still test well. They were always stored in heated shop over the winter.

I had these in our 07 Roadtrek 190P hung underbody where the generator was located before I removed it. Most of the rack and and hanging hardware is included if you want it. You would just need the frame mounted pieces that you can see on our van to know what to do. I left them in place as I may want to add a water tank there.

I will be putting them individually on a 6v power supply to take them to individually charged full to make sure they are all still matched well before selling. I will start that charging tomorrow.

It would be best for all of it to go together so $125 for it all. $75 per pair if you want only two of them.

To expensive to ship, but can pick up any time in the Minneapolis area.

We almost decided to leave them in our van, but lithium prices have gotten so low recently and I was able to fine grade A cell drop ins with removable tops (serviceable) so I decided to do a lithium test to see how it would go. After a 30 day shakedown trip, we decided to stick with them for at least the near future so the AGMs can go to someone else.

PM me for information or if you are interested and I will try to answer whatever you want to know.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:15 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I hope you will keep us posted about your lithium project. I am still planning to repeat good experience with Fullriver AGMs but your success could sway me towards lithium.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 11:50 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I hope you will keep us posted about your lithium project. I am still planning to repeat good experience with Fullriver AGMs but your success could sway me towards lithium.

I will be doing the updates to what is going on with the lithium. I am collecting the parts currently to do the final cleanup and updates to the first test run installation.

At this point, I can say that they were certainly not "drop in" batteries as they took quite a bit of effort to get balanced between the individual cells and also balanced between the three batteries for charge and discharge rates. Once I got those items straightened out the batteries performed better than expected on the one month shakedown test trip. The major surprise was how well they stayed in balance while charging to a voltage that doesn't generate an internal auto balance. They are "resting" now at about 50% charge for the off time coming up and the cells are all within .002v of each other. The test trip was done with solar disconnected and never on shore power so all alternator charging. We used 60-70ah per day on average and the longest without charging was 5 days with 6 nights which put us at the 50% down we are at now.

Mostly wiring cleanup, but am going to also separate the parallel batteries to be able to better control the two systems. Internal regulator will go back into the chassis alternator and a new Wakespeed regulator for standalone alternator for the coach. I will have to add spike protection in case of lithium battery shutdown, though, with them separated.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote