Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2021, 10:09 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Magma nesting cookwear set

We have a 9 piece Magma cookware set that we got about 12 years ago when we got our Roadtrek 190. We have hauled it around since and used, I think, once as we found our preference of using the grill (also Magma) for everything works best for us. We have never used the inside burners either and barely use the Fold-n-Go outdoor stove burner. These are the earlier multilayer, all stainless steel with nice removable handles that are for some of the pots. They are not the induction burner focused ones they sell now, which I have no experience with, but I think they don't work as well on gas burners but not sure.

It appears to be 3,2, and 1.5qt sauce pans, 5qt stock pot, and 9.5" saute pan, two removable handles that fit all but the stock pot that has two built in handles, one cover that fits all but the stock pot, plus the retaining bungee cord. Same as the current 10pc set pieces except no cover for the saute pan and stock pot.

They have always been packed with rubber shelf lining material between them so appear as new as far as I can see.

Lots of knockoffs of the Magma sets out there and I have no idea if they are of the same quality level, but like all Magma stuff these are very nicely done.

$50 plus shipping which much less than we paid or what new sets are, but they are older, and considered used. Weight is about 13# and we are in Zip code 55304 (Minneapolis area) so you can check what shipping would be, but more than welcome to come here to see them if you are near by also.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 01:44 PM   #2
Platinum Member

This is very close to the set we have, except only 1 cover and is not for induction.

https://magmaproducts.com/collection...e-set-10-piece
Old 08-20-2021, 09:57 PM   #3
Platinum Member

We bought a Smartspace nesting cookware set that is a square design with a detachable handle. It is sold by a New Zealand company originally for sail boats. It is a quality product, very substantial and with the square design it is very functional in space saving in a small RV. It also works with an induction cooktop.

SmartSpace Cookware
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 833A6B32-FFBC-4A4E-A579-9F8CDA983163.jpg (217.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg F798D025-936B-4249-9B0E-74156B23ACAC.jpg (250.3 KB, 16 views)
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:39 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Magma set is absolutely the best. We use ours every day. It also works well with an induction burner.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 01:09 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFry View Post
Magma set is absolutely the best. We use ours every day. It also works well with an induction burner.

How old is your set? Did they talk about induction when you got yours? Does a magnet stick?
Old 08-22-2021, 01:19 AM   #6
Platinum Member

We got ours somewhere around 2014. We did not have an induction for the RT at that time but found that it worked on our induction stove in Va. We got an induction burner for the van and have used it ever since. It works very well on gas also. It is about the best cooking set I have ever seen. The non-stick coating (which is not Teflon) works very well and stands up to standard kitchen utensils.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
We have a 9 piece Magma cookware set that we got about 12 years ago when we got our Roadtrek 190. We have hauled it around since and used, I think, once as we found our preference of using the grill (also Magma) for everything works best for us. We have never used the inside burners either and barely use the Fold-n-Go outdoor stove burner. These are the earlier multilayer, all stainless steel with nice removable handles that are for some of the pots. They are not the induction burner focused ones they sell now, which I have no experience with, but I think they don't work as well on gas burners but not sure.

It appears to be 3,2, and 1.5qt sauce pans, 5qt stock pot, and 9.5" saute pan, two removable handles that fit all but the stock pot that has two built in handles, one cover that fits all but the stock pot, plus the retaining bungee cord. Same as the current 10pc set pieces except no cover for the saute pan and stock pot.

They have always been packed with rubber shelf lining material between them so appear as new as far as I can see.

Lots of knockoffs of the Magma sets out there and I have no idea if they are of the same quality level, but like all Magma stuff these are very nicely done.

$50 plus shipping which much less than we paid or what new sets are, but they are older, and considered used. Weight is about 13# and we are in Zip code 55304 (Minneapolis area) so you can check what shipping would be, but more than welcome to come here to see them if you are near by also.
Interested if still for sale. Any photos or model number? We will need to check shipping costs.

Paul and Christine G.
Winnebago View 23H in NW FL
+1.850.218.5965
Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:31 PM   #8

Default Very interested

I would love this as I'm currently hauling around cast iron. Please let me know if it's still available and how to make arrangements.
justme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 06:16 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Interested if still for sale. Any photos or model number? We will need to check shipping costs.

Paul and Christine G.
Winnebago View 23H in NW FL
+1.850.218.5965

Yes it is still available.

I don't have a model number but it is exactly like what they currently sell, but not for induction burners, with no non stick. We have 9 pieces, which are the same sizes as the 10 piece set linked earlier, but without the largest cover, which we didn't carry with and in the last decade disappeared

We would try some water spot remover on the big pan before sending. The cover is very shiny and no marks, but is reflecting something in the pics.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magmaassm.jpg (44.3 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Magmapcs.jpg (61.0 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Magmaspots.jpg (64.1 KB, 117 views)
Old 08-26-2021, 11:46 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Scrub that big one gently with a damp paper towel dabbed in Bar Keeper's Friend. It will look like new.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:52 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
Scrub that big one gently with a damp paper towel dabbed in Bar Keeper's Friend. It will look like new.

That is pretty much what we intended to do, as I don't think it was ever from cooking but from a sink leak that dripped into the area it was stored in and made it to the lowest level so just water spots. It was likely no more than a tablespoon full that we didn't notice then.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:47 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Polo and Justme, could you check your private messages. I sent one to each of you.

thanks
Old 09-21-2021, 08:47 PM   #13
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post

I am interested if they will work on induction as well as gas...will a magnet stick to the bottom? Sorry but I can't tell from your post.
ArtDeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDeco View Post
I am interested if they will work on induction as well as gas...will a magnet stick to the bottom? Sorry but I can't tell from your post.

No they wouldn't, was in the first post but probably easy to miss.

They are sold and gone, sorry I forgot to mark this thread.