Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2020, 02:16 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default ***SOLD***: 2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile

We are going on a different path as far as a motorhome with a Safari Trek, hence, we are selling the Roadtrek.

Two big negatives out of the way first.

1)It no longer has the not so dependable(in our case) Onan generator. A (dependable) Champion 31/2800 inverter generator mounted on a rear luggage platform will be included. This generator starts from inside or anywhere within a certain radius with a key fob. There is also onboard fueling from the supply line for the old Onan. No gas can required. This unit is quite a bit quieter than the Onan was and has about 90 hours on it.

2)It could use a paint job as quite a bit has peeled off the hood and driver's door. There is some white paint brushed on to cover the primer. Not so pretty, but...

Enough bad talking.

For those not in the know, the coach part is one piece fiberglass that is a bit wider than a van body.

Factory tow package including a brake controller not currently being used.

The van has 221,xxx miles on it. It goes 4k miles before needing a quart of oil. It runs flawlessly. I run a phone app with an app that monitors the on board computer so I can monitor the transmission temps and pull over before overheating when climbing mountains. This has been less of an issue since replacing the fan clutch

Average mpg is about 15-16 driving 60-65mph, 13-14 pulling a 2500 lb cargo trailer. It has the 5.7 engine.

Cooper tires have about 15 to 20k miles remaining, date code 12th week of 2018.

The fridge is about three years old, 2 way Dometic that actually keeps things cold when it is hot out. Its the bigger RM 2452, mounted in the wall, not down on the floor under a cabinet.

We have virtually all equipment manuals and documentation.

I have complete service records of the chassis, coach, and generator, since 122k miles and some info from prior years. New ball joints in the past. The van is always elevated when lubing the front suspension. The fan clutch, water pump, tensioner/idler pulleys, exhaust, drive shaft, and differential oil, were all done about two years ago.

Some recent highlights include a new seal on the black water tank valve, coach water pump this past July, very fresh KYB MonoMax shocks, front brake pads including one caliper, new front wheel bearing along with repacking all of them, gas filter, and a coolant flush.

Mods and improvements.

150 watts of portable solar along with a temperature compensating charge controller.
Cheapo "poor man's" battery monitor system. Hey, it works.
PD4645 converter.
Blue Sea automatic battery separator(new). Tri fold foam mattress.
Lots of 12 volt outlets.
Relocated the coach battery stowage to a fabbed bracket that goes where the Onan was. Room for two smaller (or 6 volt GC) batteries now, four with more fabbing work. I currently am running a group29 single battery that works for 2-3 nights without help from charging.
Flat screen TV(21"?) with dvd player on a swivel mount powered directly from 12 volt.
300 watt pure sine wave inverter.
Lots of little tweaks too numerous/minor to mention.

Cold AC, coach and cab. The coach AC is a 10k BTU Frigidaire, about 8-9 years old installed(correctly) by a Roadtrek dealer in Nokomis, FL.(previous owner).

Some minor interior water staining from past incidents but the coach is currently water tight. All coach windows were re-glued a few years ago with no issues.

Some maintenance that I would do in the next few months would be new spark plugs and change trans filter and fluid. It does have a drain plug on the transmission. The transmission currently has Dexron VI in it.

Overall, this has been a reliable and pleasant vehicle to own. Only time it has left us stranded in 100k miles of ownership was when the serpentine idler pulley bearing froze up. Easy road side fix and on our way. It is currently ready to go for more traveling.

Pics to come as soon as I can figure something out, hopefully. I can text some out now if a phone number is provided.

Pricing. A bit of a quandary here. With Covid demand and the above negatives, a bit tough to determine. Let's try for $13,000, but start waving $100 bills at me and see what happens. Clear paper title in possession.

PM here, email: irideana14 at inbox dot com, or cell at 352 nine 73, 9lO3.

Van is located in central FL, nw of Orlando. Fly and drive supported. Spending the first night camped in our driveway to help with the new owner anxiety, familiarization, and questions is an option.

Sorry, a bit long winded but I did want to provide a thorough description.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Sold to some happy campers.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:37 AM   #3
Platinum Member

To the magical mod that changed the title, thanks for that and all y'all do.
Old 11-15-2020, 06:10 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I presume that has the Dodge 5.7 magnum engine?
Thanks for the write up as I appreciate learning about real experiences.
Pete, in Tacoma WA
Peder_y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:12 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Chevy. The Dodge's big engine was a 5.9 liter, 360 cubic inches. They also had a 5.2(?) liter, 318 cubic inches.