Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2023, 02:02 AM   #81
Platinum Member

Winnie website has it with an MSRP of $149K. That said, Winnebago has always given big discounts on that number... 25-35%
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 02:50 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Winnie website has it with an MSRP of $149K. That said, Winnebago has always given big discounts on that number... 25-35%
Nothing is selling much right now. I bet is going to be discounted more.
JuancaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:51 AM   #83
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuancaD View Post
So many extras and the quality seems very good.
But the price went up substantially, 120K!
Will still make sense to get the Scope for much less and put on with all the little quality issues?
A question only you can answer. One would hope something twice as expensive will be better. If your "Pocket" can swing it, you may be happier in the end.
Urlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:10 AM   #84
Platinum Member

I picked a similar short campervan from Westfalia for comparison, it costs a little less including VAT at 92K USD. Difficult to explain why prices in US are 50-60% higher than in EU, perhaps black tanks or Li mega oomphies or US labor cost at $250K/Y.

https://www.westfalia-mobil.com/en/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg comp.jpg (131.1 KB, 4 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flyer_Meridian-Limited_Mai23_FINAL_EN.pdf (1.21 MB, 2 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:29 PM   #85
Platinum Member

Quote:
Nothing is selling much right now. I bet is going to be discounted more.
Actually we have a daily supply of new buyers coming onto the Roadtrek facebook page I am on. Leisure Travel still has a long waiting list for its buyers. So rigs are selling... just not at the ridiculous pace of the "plague years." I'm hoping to see the MSRPs to slowly return to normal, but it is more likely it will show up in growing discounts.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-06-2023, 03:37 PM   #86
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I picked a similar short campervan from Westfalia for comparison, it costs a little less including VAT at 92K USD. Difficult to explain why prices in US are 50-60% higher than in EU, perhaps black tanks or Li mega oomphies or US labor cost at $250K/Y.

https://www.westfalia-mobil.com/en/
I assume that you saw that Westfalia was re-introduced at the big expo for the manufacturers last month. They had a prototype that will be built by Rapido at the Roadtrek factory. I think this was the model, but it is on a longer Promaster, not the 1500... giving it a huge garage (for a class B). There is a video from Sunshine State RVs. Sleeps 6 with the pop-top. Cassette toilet.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-06-2023, 06:04 PM   #87

Quote:
Actually we have a daily supply of new buyers coming onto the Roadtrek facebook page I am on. Leisure Travel still has a long waiting list for its buyers. So rigs are selling... just not at the ridiculous pace of the "plague years." I'm hoping to see the MSRPs to slowly return to normal, but it is more likely it will show up in growing discounts.
The dealer close to were I live in Thousand Oaks has a huge inventory, pretty much everything is discounted from the MSRP. There is no room for more vans in their parking lot.
Used to be empty not long ago.
I see prices from Used RV also being discounted because they are not selling as quick.
I will give the new pocket 36B a few weeks and see if it will be discounted some more, the 36A it's going from 95K to 105K right now.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:11 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlauber View Post
A question only you can answer. One would hope something twice as expensive will be better. If your "Pocket" can swing it, you may be happier in the end.
Yeah, you can do a lot of upgrades to the Scope and still have a lot of money left for camping. Seems like the Scope has more Cabinets than the pocket, specially in the bathroom, but that may because the gas and the water are on top instead than below the coach, which is really neat actually. It has lots of clearance if you need to do some work on it or going on some uneven terrain.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:30 PM   #89
Platinum Member

Quote:
I assume that you saw that Westfalia was re-introduced at the big expo for the manufacturers last month. They had a prototype that will be built by Rapido at the Roadtrek factory. I think this was the model, but it is on a longer Promaster, not the 1500... giving it a huge garage (for a class B). There is a video from Sunshine State RVs. Sleeps 6 with the pop-top. Cassette toilet.
I was aware of Westfalia coming to US but didn’t monitor models’ intros. Prices will likely follow ours, why not, prices direct relation to costs is dream world fantasy.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 03:30 AM   #90
Platinum Member

Quote:
The dealer close to were I live in Thousand Oaks has a huge inventory, pretty much everything is discounted from the MSRP. There is no room for more vans in their parking lot.
Used to be empty not long ago.
I see prices from Used RV also being discounted because they are not selling as quick.
I will give the new pocket 36B a few weeks and see if it will be discounted some more, the 36A it's going from 95K to 105K right now.
In other words, things are going back to normal as they have been for the last 20 years since I bought my first rig. lol Prior to covid all RVs always sold at a discount from MSRP. Generally from 15-30% depending on the brands. The higher the quality, the lower the discount.

As to used prices, many individual sellers don't keep good track of the market and don't realize that crazy covid times prices are finished, so they are having to come down to a normal used market price. If the 36A is being discounted at the standard Winnie 25-30% as you mentioned, I would expect to see about the same for the 36B. Since this is their new floor plan, don't expect to see major drops for a long time.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-07-2023, 02:52 PM   #91
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yeah, you can do a lot of upgrades to the Scope and still have a lot of money left for camping. Seems like the Scope has more Cabinets than the pocket, specially in the bathroom, but that may because the gas and the water are on top instead than below the coach, which is really neat actually. It has lots of clearance if you need to do some work on it or going on some uneven terrain.
Just had a look at the 36B floor plan and it is almost identical to the one in the Rize/Scope. I am sure the handiwork is somewhere superior to justify the price. We looked at the Solis before and my wife objected to the garage-looking floor (I know... right), even though I told her we could cover it up with carpet runners. As for the cabinets in the Rize, that space really came in handy when we went on a 3 wk vacation with 3 peeps.
In the end, looking at the price diff, it's a no-brainer for me. It just depends how much you are willing and able to spend vs willing and able to fix.
Old 10-07-2023, 06:41 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlauber View Post
Just had a look at the 36B floor plan and it is almost identical to the one in the Rize/Scope. I am sure the handiwork is somewhere superior to justify the price. We looked at the Solis before and my wife objected to the garage-looking floor (I know... right), even though I told her we could cover it up with carpet runners. As for the cabinets in the Rize, that space really came in handy when we went on a 3 wk vacation with 3 peeps.
In the end, looking at the price diff, it's a no-brainer for me. It just depends how much you are willing and able to spend vs willing and able to fix.
To me, they are both very good looking vans.
The Rize has a bit more cabinet space. I like also the cabinets in the Bathroom.
I am not sure about the toilet on the Pocket, kind of like the cassette with wheels that you can roil to the toilet. Is nice that you can remove it on the pocket to make the shower more spacious though.
I like the 3 point seat belt on the Pocket and the several ways you can adjust the sofa and the table.
I like the high clearance on the the pocket, not much under the carriage to worry about.
Probably a better quality overall, seems like the cushions are more hefty.
Will all that justify about 40K difference in price?
If they would price the pocket 36B like the 36A, about 95K, it will then make it more attractive to consider.
Old 10-07-2023, 06:48 PM   #93

Quote:
In other words, things are going back to normal as they have been for the last 20 years since I bought my first rig. lol Prior to covid all RVs always sold at a discount from MSRP. Generally from 15-30% depending on the brands. The higher the quality, the lower the discount.

As to used prices, many individual sellers don't keep good track of the market and don't realize that crazy covid times prices are finished, so they are having to come down to a normal used market price. If the 36A is being discounted at the standard Winnie 25-30% as you mentioned, I would expect to see about the same for the 36B. Since this is their new floor plan, don't expect to see major drops for a long time.
With the MSRP of 149K, the dealer was asking 120K for the 36B, which is about a 20% discount, may be if push come to shove I could may be get a 25 or 30% discount, which will will put it in the vicinity of 112K to 105K approximately. Plus tax and license.
Still about 20K above a new Scope 18M.
Old 10-08-2023, 03:33 PM   #94
Platinum Member

Quote:
With the MSRP of 149K, the dealer was asking 120K for the 36B, which is about a 20% discount, may be if push come to shove I could may be get a 25 or 30% discount, which will will put it in the vicinity of 112K to 105K approximately. Plus tax and license.
Still about 20K above a new Scope 18M.
Since it is a new option, negotiation could be limited. Dealers don't yet know its demand.

It is easy to see why the 36B is more. Adding a bathroom involves significant plumbing and a waterproof room that provides shower space. Setting up a cassette toilet is much more labor intensive that slipping a portipotty in a cabinet.

To compare the Thor version, you really need them parked next to each other to scope it out to see if the 20K is justified or not for you.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

Tags
18m, promaster, rize, thor