Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Actually, I usually accompany that rant (which is 100% accurate, BTW) with the other side of the story:

The 2005 Interstate had first-rate appliances and fixtures for its day; it had an excellent floorpan; the folding bed/sofas were nice; it was attractive; the single gray/black tank was far superior than the stupidity of separate gray and black tanks; and we thought it was cool to own an Airstream. I eventually fixed almost all of the listed problems and made several major improvements. It was an awesome rig by the time we passed it on. As I said, the Interstate had a lot going for it. But from everything I've seen, the workmanship and QA that Thor delivers are a disgrace to the brand.
What's the story here? Airstream has an enviable reputation for their trailers. Are the motor homes a separate business entity or designed by a separate division within the company? When did Thor become involved?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote