Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2024, 01:21 AM   #1

Default Any ideas?

Selling a trailer and moving to a Class B. I’ve been researching every Class B model I can find around -$120k for the last five months. Need side by side beds, rear wet bath, quietest possible drive, and with the least amount of manufacture issues. Looking for any help you might have figuring out this puzzle.
Thanks all.
GWS Loves Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 04:26 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Travato 59K. We have a van with a similar "pass-through" floorplan. That floorplan is spacious and gives a lot of room to stretch and move around. Wouldn't want it arranged any other way.

Can't speak to the quality of the build however. My impression of recent factory-built vans is that the quality, workmanship, materials used, is poor.
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 06:00 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS Loves Camping View Post
Selling a trailer and moving to a Class B. I’ve been researching every Class B model I can find around -$120k for the last five months. Need side by side beds, rear wet bath, quietest possible drive, and with the least amount of manufacture issues. Looking for any help you might have flying out this puzzle.
Thanks all.
Welcome to the JUMP, as I call it. Checkout Forest River, Coachmen 4 Class B RV's. Beyond 22RB has both the side-by-side beds and rear bath and boost 22 foot. But I'm not sure if that is a WET BATH which most all VAN are WET Bath. They also have other mix of Vans Ford, Dodge, MB Motorhomes. These days I'm sure you can find used models flatting around the web and on dealer lots. checkout their website as I'm sure that's more helpful than what I tell you. WinnebagoIND has over 12 class Bs, but hard for me to know your other likes or wants. Good Luck and Happy searching.

I have noticed more just Class B dealerships popping up around the country and more Class A lots are carrying the Class B's now more than a few years ago. With COVID a lot of folks seem to find having your bathroom with you is better and safer than a Restraunt stop when you can eat in the van. Good luck with whatever you do and if you need more feedback I'm not a dealer just an Class B owner and we love our van on the fly watching our college sports teams on the run and visiting the grandchildren in Utah from Florida.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 01:56 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I don't know why wet baths get so much negativity. They spare precious floor space in a Class B. Wet baths are designed to get wet. They usually have, if properly designed, a pull current surround exposing just the toilet and the floor and protecting the vanity, mirror and walls. A good raised teak floor or similar so water goes through to the base floor can take care of that and the toilet can get a thorough cleaning that you can't do or desire to do by hand. Also you can use the toilet seat as a bench.

One of my passions is I seek out restaurants around the country and make it a point to have regional fare as I am a road foodee and a longtime member of Roadfood.com. That's a benefit of travel, IMO. You don't have to use their bathrooms. The smaller the town and the independent (not chains) the restaurant the better. I've met several owners and made friends that way, and even boondocked overnight in their parking lot at some restaurants you can actually park in.

You have a more intimate view of America that way other than scenery.

Of course we prepare and eat our own meals. That is what camping is also for. You have a galley and a refrigerator but you don't have to prepare and eat in the van. That is not desirable other than microwaving or cold sandwiches, percolated coffee and such. Bacon, though I love it--NO. Campgrounds generally have picnic tables and fire pits or you can carry your outdoor prep.

You have to look at the positives of Class B'ing. It is more difficult in a Class A, C, 5th wheeler or trailer, and tenting you do have to use bathrooms, and prepare and eat meals outdoors.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 09:25 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I don't know why wet baths get so much negativity. They spare precious floor space in a Class B. Wet baths are designed to get wet. They usually have, if properly designed, a pull current surround exposing just the toilet and the floor and protecting the vanity, mirror and walls. A good raised teak floor or similar so water goes through to the base floor can take care of that and the toilet can get a thorough cleaning that you can't do or desire to do by hand. Also you can use the toilet seat as a bench.

One of my passions is I seek out restaurants around the country and make it a point to have regional fare as I am a road foodee and a longtime member of Roadfood.com. That's a benefit of travel, IMO. You don't have to use their bathrooms. The smaller the town and the independent (not chains) the restaurant the better. I've met several owners and made friends that way, and even boondocked overnight in their parking lot at some restaurants you can actually park in.

You have a more intimate view of America that way other than scenery.

Of course we prepare and eat our own meals. That is what camping is also for. You have a galley and a refrigerator but you don't have to prepare and eat in the van. That is not desirable other than microwaving or cold sandwiches, percolated coffee and such. Bacon, though I love it--NO. Campgrounds generally have picnic tables and fire pits or you can carry your outdoor prep.

You have to look at the positives of Class B'ing. It is more difficult in a Class A, C, 5th wheeler or trailer, and tenting you do have to use bathrooms, and prepare and eat meals outdoors.

David,

As always I truly enjoy reading this as well as your insight and agree with all you stated very well. I agree on WET-BATH, but trying to help others as many do seek dry baths in Class B's. They work and work well, which we have no issues with.

Both during and after COVID a lot changed for us and what we did and now do on the road. We also have that same passions in seeking out restaurants/ road food and thanks for the link, and agree completely. YES, we love our road trips from Florida to Utah and back, taking off route trips at times just to see something new and yes takes us 5 to 6 days as we enjoy the side trips.

As for meals on the road we do the same, as I do have to start the refrigerator about 24- to 48 hrs before each trip. We also do stop at times at a hotel do do a wash, relax, make business contacts. Then repack more foods, so yes we do both eating in and out of the van as well as cooking. My wife loves the inducstion cook top.

As for the last part I agree having had both a trailer and a few class As as you are so limited in them than in a Class B van. Very good overview David. Thanks.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote