Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2023, 06:53 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Battle born Warrenty

Battle born is replacing two 100AH batteries that have failed to charge properly after six years.

I dropped the batteries off at their facility in Reno, Nevada, for testing. They deemed them not repairable.

This would have been a much more difficult process without being able to deliver the batteries to them.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:23 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Lucky you didn’t show up during a production run. Dropped one of ours off during COVID and they still hadn’t cracked it open after 3 days to inspect it to see why it failed. Pleaded with them to just replace it as we were now on day 4 trying to urban camp in Reno. Not an easy task. Mind you, AM Solar told them that they had done a load test on that battery and it had failed but, that wasn’t good enough. Finally, just to get rid of us they gave one. We had to set ours outside their front door and move away. Then they put the new one outside the front door for us to take once they were back inside. Keep in mind AM Solar in Oregon was willing to swap ours out for one they had on the shelf. They just needed Dragon Fly’s permission, which wasn’t forthcoming. So, we had to drive all the way to Reno which they didn’t want us to do.
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:42 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Yes, it wasn’t the most user friendly encounter. They are sure that I had charged them at an incorrect voltage due to voltage drop in the wiring. Not possible.

All charge cycles are manually monitored with a Trimetric battery monitor and stopped when the voltage reached 14.3 to 14.5 which they agreed is correct.

Two new batteries arrived at my front door yesterday. They did honor the warranty.

I was never told what failed. BMS or lithium cell. I expect they know. If anyone else has any insight I’d like to hear it. It is more than cells failing to balance. I tried to tweak it back to higher voltage but it would not change. It would go open circuit at 13.9 volts.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 10:22 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I just had a heckuva time dealing with AGM batteries ordered online from Weize. I cannot ever foresee the circumstances when I buy batteries online again after dealing with them on warranty issues.

I bought replacements, lead acid flooded, at O'Reilly's, nationwide, easy warranty.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote