Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2024, 12:14 AM   #1

Default Newbie here

So I have a 2006 keystone Montana 3475 n my issue I'm having is my fridge is not cooling but the boiler is warm and the black tube is cold outside from the vent cover. Fuse is good I tested 120 volts. Will run in AC and LP but won't bring temp inside the fridge. But internal temp is still at 64 in both freezer and fridge. Everything is working outside. Could my board bad or is there something I'm missing? I did check the thermostat inside clipped to the fin. N it's up above the line from sticker inside the fridge. Just wondering what else I could be checking. It did this to me last year too n I turned it off n used a mini fridge for time being. 3 months later I tried my fridge n it worked again. Now it won't work but lights up, boiler is warm/hot to touch n black tub tube is cold. No funky smell or ammonia. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
2006montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:31 AM   #2

Did a reset. Unplugged n turned off the fridge n left it overnight. This morning turned it on n plugged in. Left it all day and went to work. Came home still at 64-66 temp in fridge n freezer. No one has a suggestion?
2006montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:41 PM   #3
Platinum Member

You kinda are not in the proper forum as this place is for class B motorhomes, but a fridge is a fridge.

I would Google up a troubleshooting list for whatever model of fridge that you have.

A guess: As the boiler gets hot and no cooling happens it would seem you may have a cooling fluid blockage or leak, both issues terminal for the fridge. The fridge must be operated pretty level or it will be ruined, in fairly quick order usually measured in minutes.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 08:17 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Make sure the venting in the back is good. Whatever the temp is in there is the ambient temp and that will determine how low the fridge temp is. There are small computer fan kits available to keep the hot air moving out of the back if that's the issue. Some van conversions are designed poorly and tend to keep that heat in the back.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 01:40 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Aren't those "black tubes" supposed to be hot? Depending on the location you're touching I thought those tubes were what carries the heat out of the fridge to the open air. Then you need to make sure there is enough ventilation to move the heat away from the RV. So if they are cold in one place where it's hot in some other place, then, like a previous poster said, there is a blockage in the tube.

Would like to hear back what you found out.
OldPilot is offline   Reply With Quote