Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Holiday Rambler B+

When we were at the Pleasanton RV Show last month we noticed the HR had a B+ RV called Augusta.
Seems to be an " identical cousin " to the R-Vision Trail-Lite B+.
Both HR and R-Vision owned by Monaco.
This could be old news but if not I thought Markopolo might find it interesting.
FLSTFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Yes, they're the same (as far as I can tell).

Holiday Rambler Augusta B+

Safari Damara B+

R-Vision Trail-Lite B+

Did you look at it much? What did you think?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
Bronze Member

We were tired and on our way out when we saw it. We were lucky to notice it hiding between all the "BIG" Holiday Ramblers. It even took awhile to find a salesman that knew what it was and could find me a brochure.
Very nice looking motorhome inside and out. If we were upsizing, which is a possibility, it would be on our short list.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #4
Platinum Member

One big advantage to having a small RV built on a cutaway chassis is the amount of CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) you have.

With two occupants, full fresh water and full propane my Trail-Lite B+ has 3,227 lbs CCC
Old 02-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
Bronze Member

Add to that a bath/shower that you can actually take a shower in and enough room so that if you want to spend a couple of nites at a campground you have the option of spending more time inside without feeling too confined.
One problem I have with the B+'s is they all seem to use a 138-139 wheelbase. I am a big fan of the Chevy Van with the 155".
Markopolo, since you had an RT with the 155" WB how would you compare the ride with your B+ and B ?
The 159" WB shown online and on the brochure for the GWV Titan is one reason we went out of our way on our Southwest trip a couple of weeks ago to look at one. For being similar in length to our RT 210P it sure seemed to have more rear overhang. Got out a tape measure and it was 139".
I do like the dual rear wheels. Along with that higher CCC they give more stability and traction.
When we are packed and leaving home our RT has a remaining CCC of a MINUS 200 lbs

Old 02-17-2008, 02:11 AM   #6
Platinum Member

I really liked the way my Chevy Roadtrek handled.

My Trail-Lite B+ doesn't corner as well as the RT. It's hard for me to comment much about the ride. I was so "busy" getting used to it last season.

I wish my B+ had the longer wheelbase. I'd like to add a storage box but I don't like the idea of hanging much weight so far behind the rear wheels.

I think the longer wheelbase would make the vehicle look better.