Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Greetings from Southern California

For the last 2.5 years I have been camping all across the country in the back of my GMC pickup truck with a Leer topper. Before that it was car camping with all my gear and a tent. June 1st I made the big move and purchased a Class B RV (Ford Transit 350 - 22' L). Since it already had all the bulky stuff built in like the stove, cooler, toilet, and awning - basically all I had to load in was my clothes, some plates and cups, a few misc. items, food, pots and pans, pet supplies, and I was good to go. I was amazed at how much space there was. I have drove the RV over 9000 miles already and been some pretty awesome places . People come up to my van all the time and ask how do you like the Coachmen Crossfit Class B RV? and does it bother me being in what they consider such a confined living space? I have to laugh because compared to what I started with this Van is a 5 star hotel on wheels. I will still get out my tent and camp with my friends in our local Angeles National Forest campgrounds but road trips will never be the same again.
Coachmen Crossfit owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Fantastic.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Have fun.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Congrats on your new RV; 9K miles - that is a good break-in. I think we are going to see a lot more of those on the roads in the future. Ron
Old 08-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Welcome to the "club!"

We also camped out of a truck and Leer shell, but I haven't slept in a tent in years. I really like the Crossfit floor plan and the fact that I no longer have to climb over a tailgate to find the porta-potti at 2am!
Old 08-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #5
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachmen Crossfit owner View Post
For the last 2.5 years I have been camping all across the country in the back of my GMC pickup truck with a Leer topper. Before that it was car camping with all my gear and a tent. June 1st I made the big move and purchased a Class B RV (Ford Transit 350 - 22' L). Since it already had all the bulky stuff built in like the stove, cooler, toilet, and awning - basically all I had to load in was my clothes, some plates and cups, a few misc. items, food, pots and pans, pet supplies, and I was good to go. I was amazed at how much space there was. I have drove the RV over 9000 miles already and been some pretty awesome places . People come up to my van all the time and ask how do you like the Coachmen Crossfit Class B RV? and does it bother me being in what they consider such a confined living space? I have to laugh because compared to what I started with this Van is a 5 star hotel on wheels. I will still get out my tent and camp with my friends in our local Angeles National Forest campgrounds but road trips will never be the same again.
Greetings back to you,
We are also in Southern California and hope to be soon having experiences similar to yours.
Happy camping & RV'ing
Old 09-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #6

Congrats!!!
GloriaCessna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:45 PM   #7
Gold Member

Thanks, and the same to you 2
Old 09-25-2017, 10:04 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Nice.

I tent camped too, and had a VW camper van for a while in the 90-s. I also feel like I am at the Ritz in my older 19 foot Roadtrek.
gklugie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
22d, coachmen crossfit, ford transit 350