Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #1

Default Hello from Wales, UK

Hi,

I bought my Rialta in July '15 and thought I'd bought a dog !

On my way home the vehicle has running beautifully until I stopped for gas. Filled it went to start - nothing!

Used a recovery truck to take it to my local mechanic who has a good knowledge of VW models and it beat him. He tried everything. Eventually we had one chance left - ECU and yes it was the cause. Fortunately I managed to find a guy who could re-build the existing unt which he did and re-installed it then re-mapped it. Then he found the ECU on the transmission was also failing and did the same. It now runs beautifully having on travelled 55k miles.

Now I have started looking into what is working and what is not. It seems the vehicle has stood in Spain for many years and its pretty rusty underneath. Thanks to Winnebago who provided me with a load of arrangement drawingd so I can strip everything off the chassis rebuild and refit the lot. A long job but should be a beauty when I have finished. No doubt you will see many posts from me asking what may be silly questions but please bear with me as this is my first Rialta having been a camper van owner in the past.

Many thanks

Lowender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #2

Hi,

I bought my Rialta in July '15 and thought I'd bought a dog !

On my way home the vehicle has running beautifully until I stopped for gas. Filled it went to start - nothing!

Used a recovery truck to take it to my local mechanic who has a good knowledge of VW models and it beat him. He tried everything. Eventually we had one chance left - ECU and yes it was the cause. Fortunately I managed to find a guy who could re-build the existing unt which he did and re-installed it then re-mapped it. Then he found the ECU on the transmission was also failing and did the same. It now runs beautifully having on travelled 55k miles.

Now I have started looking into what is working and what is not. It seems the vehicle has stood in Spain for many years and its pretty rusty underneath. Thanks to Winnebago who provided me with a load of arrangement drawingd so I can strip everything off the chassis rebuild and refit the lot. A long job but should be a beauty when I have finished. No doubt you will see many posts from me asking what may be silly questions but please bear with me as this is my first Rialta having been a camper van owner in the past.

Many thanks

Lowender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #3
Platinum Member

sorry for the delay ,vacation obliged

big job in site , but if we can help

Dan