Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2022, 01:56 AM   #1

Default Hi all - upgrading from a popup

Hello from NJ! The wife and I are empty-nesters who started rv-ing with an old popup a few years ago. Now we're at a point we'd like to get a Class B so us and our two dogs can just get in and go... somewhere every few weekends. We've looked at a few and are zeroing in on a Travato 59K. Definitely will be buying used some time in the next few months.
And yes, we're going to Hershey in September to go through as many RVs as possible.
Open to suggestions and advice! Thanks for reading.
Macbrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:52 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Hello and Welcome

upgrade ?

every rv/ trailer is a pile pf compromises- with your popup, you can leave camp for ice cream and camp is still set up when you get back.

I love our van.

see as many models as you can, each will show you something great, and/or some feature you don't need or hate.

concentrate on the bed, if the bed is a tetris of cushions and a mechanized sofa, you may not have as great a sleep

the youtube videos from dealerships can be really useful- watch how easily ( or not!) they are able to move around the cabin

the prime factors in our choice were:

bed: we are too tall for sideways sleepers, and a middle of the night climbover to use the can isn't fun- so, fore and aft sleepers ( no sofa beds)

van: gas chev. cheaper, can be worked on anywhere, by anyone with parts from napa. shares many systems with my pick up, I do the small stuff. If you use a dealer for everything then gas/diesel pretty much same for you

2 seats: extra seating means lost storage space or overhanging cabinetry everywhere

in the end we bought an 8 year old van which cost less than 1/2 our budget.

happy hunting !
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrun View Post
Hello from NJ! The wife and I are empty-nesters who started rv-ing with an old popup a few years ago. Now we're at a point we'd like to get a Class B so us and our two dogs can just get in and go... somewhere every few weekends. We've looked at a few and omegle instagram video download are zeroing in on a Travato 59K. Definitely will be buying used some time in the next few months.
And yes, we're going to Hershey in September to go through as many RVs as possible.
Open to suggestions and advice! Thanks for reading.
Hello and Welcome
danylo.kerrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:12 AM   #4

greetings!

what sort of dogs do you have?
theLegionWithin is offline   Reply With Quote