Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #1

Default Hi from San Jose, CA

Hi folks,
Hope you are all keeping well in the pandemic. I’m originally Canadian from Toronto but living in California. I have some experience with a larger class C RV but yet with my (almost) new class B. I don’t see many recent posts - where is everyone? I’m missing the open road and would love to connect with some other RV’ers while we’re all social distancing and hear about your experience especially boondocking (which I have rarely done)!
Best Regards,
Kelly
KellyBulloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:44 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBulloch View Post
Hi folks,
Hope you are all keeping well in the pandemic. I’m originally Canadian from Toronto but living in California. I have some experience with a larger class C RV but yet with my (almost) new class B. I don’t see many recent posts - where is everyone? I’m missing the open road and would love to connect with some other RV’ers while we’re all social distancing and hear about your experience especially boondocking (which I have rarely done)!
Best Regards,
Kelly
Welcome to the forum Kelly!

This forum is not as active as some, but that is a good thing in some ways. For instance, when you post a thread on a highly active forum, within an hour it can be swept off the board and burried under a ton of other new posts. On this one, you can see you post at the right for a day or two before that happens.

And things are a little quiet here lately, but do not misinterpret that as a lack or resources. We have many knowledgeable and helpful members here.

Looks like you've taken on the challenge of down-sizing substantially. Whenever you lament the loss of space; always remember the joy of small living each time you drive, park, and buy gas.

What rig did you go from, and what did you to to?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Welcome to the forum Kelly!

This forum is not as active as some, but that is a good thing in some ways. For instance, when you post a thread on a highly active forum, within an hour it can be swept off the board and burried under a ton of other new posts. On this one, you can see you post at the right for a day or two before that happens.

And things are a little quiet here lately, but do not misinterpret that as a lack or resources. We have many knowledgeable and helpful members here.

Looks like you've taken on the challenge of down-sizing substantially. Whenever you lament the loss of space; always remember the joy of small living each time you drive, park, and buy gas.

What rig did you go from, and what did you to to?
Hi,
Nice to meet you! I went from an old ‘98 Jamboree class C to a 2017 Pleasure Way Ascent TS. I really love this new RV! and its agility! Can’t wait to get out of this quarantine when it is safe to do so and get on the road!

In the meantime I am just working on cleaning and disinfecting the heck out of it! Where are you from and what are you driving?
KellyBulloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBulloch View Post
Hi,
Nice to meet you! I went from an old ‘98 Jamboree class C to a 2017 Pleasure Way Ascent TS. I really love this new RV! and its agility! Can’t wait to get out of this quarantine when it is safe to do so and get on the road!

In the meantime I am just working on cleaning and disinfecting the heck out of it! Where are you from and what are you driving?
The Ascent TS is a very nice and compact model you'll be able to easily drive and park anywhere you want. And Pleasure Way has a very good reputation for quality. Nice choice.

We live in Corpus Christi, TX. We bought our first rv 2-1/2 years ago. A '2012 Airstream Avenue Suite class b on the Chevy Express chassis. It's a rare model Airstream only made a few of. It's similar to a Roadtrek 190, if you're familiar with that model.

While it is our first rv, it's not surprising we chose a "b". Back in the 1980's & 90's, my parents owned two Xplorer class b's. We saw how much they enjoyed theirs' and borrowed it a few times.

I'm glad we were able to make the 4 big trips we took before the current lock-down. We've been North, South, East, & West but now understand why my parents revisited areas multiple times. You just can't see everything in one trip. So we're looking forward to revisting areas, only this time seeing new things we missed the first time.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Welcome. You are located near prime boondocking. A couple of years ago I spent about 6 weeks or so boondocking and dry camping in northern and eastern Cali. I tow a motorcycle behind the Roadtrek. I usually set up a base camp for two days to two weeks and tour an area with the bike, then move on to the next spot. I'm good for up to two weeks with the on board tanks when travelling solo. Portable solar and a group 29 battery handle the electrics just fine unless I need the microwave, toaster oven, or occasional A/C.

Have fun with your new toy.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:41 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Kelly, If you're into Youtube videos, this gal offers good organizing, upgrade, gear, trip, etc tips about her Pleasureway Ascent. From She to Me https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPL...50xH1fl8V-TJrg